Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Dinner in Brighton on a wednesday night

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Apparently, I have been watching football on the tele box solidly for months on end now :shrug:

So I have told Mrs Wz that I'll take her for dinner tomorrow somewhere nice to make up for it (and there's no football). Now i'm not a cheapskate, but we should have covered all our commitments by about 4 tomorrow, so could possibly make a late lunch, or pre theatre meal (as I believe these cheapskate deals are actually called). There is certainly no football forum on earth I would trust more to ensure this relationship makes it through to it's 44th anniversary.

Fire away with your best bet for a Wednesday afternoon/night :thumbsup:
Tsk, tsk. You wouldn't catch me watching football for months on end.

On a serious note, have you been to La Tana, here in Patcham? It's high-end Italian, and can be expensive if you lose track of the bill, which never happens with me.
However.....the quality is exceptional - far better than you would expect in a suburban restaurant. If you do go, try the zucchini fritti - oh my goodness. Note they will try to usher you out by 10.30.

Have a good evening wherever you go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I've just looked at that and why do I think that the Ivy is pretentious and yet like Cote ?

The reason is because when the Ivy first opened in town @dwayne was all over it like a tramp on chips and my neighbours (he English, she French) told me they liked Cote, that's why :wink:

Had a lovely long chat with their teenage daughter one day (and I can't remember why) but I said to her "are you veggie ?" to which she replied "For christ's sake ****, I'm half French" :laugh:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tsk, tsk. You wouldn't catch me watching football for months on end.

On a serious note, have you been to La Tana, here in Patcham? It's high-end Italian, and can be expensive if you lose track of the bill, which never happens with me.
However.....the quality is exceptional - far better than you would expect in a suburban restaurant. If you do go, try the zucchini fritti - oh my goodness. Note they will try to usher you out by 10.30.

Have a good evening wherever you go.

I have, and it is, very good :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've just looked at that and why do I think that the Ivy is pretentious and yet like Cote ?

The reason is because when the Ivy first opened in town @dwayne was all over it like a tramp on chips and my neighbours (he English, she French) told me they liked Cote, that's why :wink:

Had a lovely long chat with their teenage daughter one day (and I can't remember why) but I said to her "are you veggie ?" to which she replied "For christ's sake ****, I'm half French" :laugh:
It was just a quick google and looked a reasonable list….but then your first comment re the Ivy has disproved that

I don’t do restaurants much….treat for me would be sitting on the beach with a sandwich and a tin of shandy 🤔

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It was just a quick google and looked a reasonable list….but then your first comment re the Ivy has disproved that

I don’t do restaurants much….treat for me would be sitting on the beach with a sandwich and a tin of shandy 🤔

You're a complete animal.

Pizza on the beach with a can of Shandy :thumbsup:

The number of times me and Mrs Wz went to the beach with the kids and a pizza, or East Brighton Park with Fish and chips. The kids used to call the bank "the mountain", you really have to appreciate it while you can :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Jul 20, 2003
Wild Flor in Hove is quite nice.

Lovely staff and pretty decent food.

Always feel its a bit over the odds for what you get but the future ex-Mrs Pevenseagull likes it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm liking the look of that. She'll have the Calamari and Mussels, I'll have the Oysters and Mussels :thumbsup:

What more could a couple in their 60s want ???
Imodium?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I don't think I've been all over the ivy for about 20 years, it's a bog standard chain these days and might as well be cote.

I have been to the one in Brighton though, it wasn't terrible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

@dwayne likes The Ivy :lolol: .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here