Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Dinner in Brighton on a wednesday night

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Give your taste buds a lift and try terre a terre. Desserts are to die for but the rosti or better batter halloumi with tartar and vodka infused tomatoes is a a great meal. Try the terre a tapas for 2 with sides plus dessert is a great deal

Or try mowgli which is so much better than the permit room by dishoom

I will also endorse tutto

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everyone liked the ivy back in the day it was an institution (only London and LA). Like Wednesdays at Chinawhites was a clubbing institution.
I have never been a premier league footballer, nor a page 3 stunner, so I wouldn’t know.

:lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I have never been a premier league footballer, nor a page 3 stunner, so I wouldn’t know.

:lolol:
Once again tubthumper doesn't really know his sh1t. But it's ok. I can school you. Let me know if you need help with the spots for the cool kids in this day and age x

Reactions: cjd

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Everyone liked the ivy back in the day it was an institution (only London and LA). Like Wednesdays at Chinawhites was a clubbing institution.
It's absolutely right it was an institution, but not so much for the food but as somewhere to be seen. So the chain version is much the same but diluted for the high street.

So it'll be nice enough but you could certainly do better for the price. I suspect quite a lot of what they serve is prepared off site.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's absolutely right it was an institution, but not so much for the food but as somewhere to be seen. So the chain version is much the same but diluted for the high street.

So it'll be nice enough but you could certainly do better for the price. I suspect quite a lot of what they serve is prepared off site.
Yep as I said before. It was the place 20 years ago !! And you're not exactly gonna get the A Listers in Brighton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Once again tubthumper doesn't really know his sh1t. But it's ok. I can school you. Let me know if you need help with the spots for the cool kids in this day and age x

My reply was about Chinawhite. That’s why I said Prem players and page 3 types and highlighted the corresponding text.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My reply was about Chinawhite. That’s why I said Prem players and page 3 types and highlighted the corresponding text.
Let me school you again big boy.

EVERYONE who was anyone used to go to China's on a wed. This was pre smart phone and in those days you had 3/4 private members clubs in London.

You would get royalty , gangsters , footballers , models , bankers, rock stars, It was an amazing time.

On a related topic any keinemusik (your Berlin boys) event seems to attract the top crowd these days, I wanted to see their show at the pyramids in Egypt and it was a nightmare to get tickets.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agreed.
Question: are you a chef by trade, or just an enthusiast?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let me school you again big boy.

EVERYONE who was anyone used to go to China's on a wed. This was pre smart phone and in those days you had 3/4 private members clubs in London.

You would get royalty , gangsters , footballers , models , bankers, rock stars, It was an amazing time.

On a related topic any keinemusik (your Berlin boys) event seems to attract the top crowd these days, I wanted to see their show at the pyramids in Egypt and it was a nightmare to get tickets.
I will update my original post then:

I'm not royalty , a gangster , a footballer, a model , a banker or a rock star so I wouldnt know. I probably would not get in even if I wanted to :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I only know this collective vaquely. Kinda 'deep house' isnt it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes deep house / afro house. Gone a bit commercial and popular at the moment
I used to like a bit of deep back in the day..I'll check them out. Thanks

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've just looked at that and why do I think that the Ivy is pretentious and yet like Cote ?
Indeed it is. Mrs WS went there with a friend and the food was rather average in quality but not price. When we were in town once she persuaded me to go for a drink at the Ivy Asia just because she knew what I would think of it. My review - a tits and teeth place - loads of turkey teeth and fake tits - and that was just the men !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here