Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dilemma - Girlfriend Vs Albion. HELP.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Im with Juan. if you wont take here away or spoil her the do the female thing and turn it round to be about you. Tell her if she loved you then she wouldnt make you chose because that is emotional blackmail. Say something chees like you didnt realise it was her birthday because for you, everyday with her is that special. If we win a historic victory and you havnt gone, how long will your relationship take that strain?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Is it not odd that one of the most important things in your life you don't share in common with your girlfriend??

Just a little physchoanalysis for a moment here but seems odd to me when people in relationships have little in common...I've been there before and it just don't work...

Guess its easy for me to comment though as I'd think going to the football for my birthday and a few beverages with friends would be fun ! :blush:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You really need to find an Albion supporting girlfriend, that is the only solution.

I had the opposite problem, it was my ex who wasn't remotely into football, apart from England games, so he'd sulk when I considered Plymouth Argyle away a more important matter than quality time at the weekend.

Come to think of it, I've never been out with a guy who supports the Albion. Just Liverpool, Palace (cough), Man U, or no football at all. And you just can't come in of an evening and discuss the injustice of Phil Prosser with a Liverpool fan can you?

Perhaps we should set up an NSC Dating Service to link up single Brighton girls and boys. It would increase the away support no end
:D

afc womble

Jul 5, 2003
hahahaha what a clown:jester:

everythings a f**king game of chess with you

p.s go to footie. women are the spourns of satan.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
edna krabappel said:

Perhaps we should set up an NSC Dating Service to link up single Brighton girls and boys. It would increase the away support no end

Oh what a fab idea:blush:

If anyone sees me & my old man on Saturday, don't mention that I said that! It's been so long since my love life mattered that I can't remember what I did in these situations.

I was 9 months pregnant at the end of the 96/97 season & bought us both tickets for the Dancaster game. Of course, that was the day that Barnsley got promoted to the premiership. I told him to stay at home & watch Barnsley, & we'd alaready got one kid, so he'd seen the action from that before.

However, borough on a Wednesday in Setpember is not quite he same as the last game at the Goldstone. Sit down & talk about it, most women can be bought.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
edna krabappel said:
You really need to find an Albion supporting girlfriend, that is the only solution.

I had the opposite problem, it was my ex who wasn't remotely into football, apart from England games, so he'd sulk when I considered Plymouth Argyle away a more important matter than quality time at the weekend.

Come to think of it, I've never been out with a guy who supports the Albion. Just Liverpool, Palace (cough), Man U, or no football at all. And you just can't come in of an evening and discuss the injustice of Phil Prosser with a Liverpool fan can you?

Hmmm...Some years ago I was in a similar dilemma. Attend the wedding reception of one of "her" friends or go and see the Albion at home to Cardiff. I bit the bullet and chose the later. I was a selfish f*****G b*****d among other things!! :rolleyes:

Imagine her delight when I walked into the reception and announced I'd changed my mind. I was considerate after all, I was truely forgiven.

What she didn't know was the Goldstone had been declared waterlogged by the ref. around 1.30!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

JordanGHarris

Aug 18, 2003
Like I said before mate, sort ya priorities, if you love the Albion go to the game, women come and go, the ALBION IS FOREVER.

If a woman asks me the question:-

Me or the Albion?

Then I would say:-

I will miss you darling!!

Come on man just go, not many grounds like the Riverside in Div 2 this year!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
You wanna row her out mate.
I actually said to a woman once, when faced with the old line,"I'm sure you love the Albion more than you love me."
My reply, "I love Palace more than I love you!"

Mind you, I'm now 42, still single, with one arm bigger than the other!
But who cares, we've got Leon Knight Knight Knight!!!!

:lolol:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Personally I think its a no-brainer

I think women come before BHA everytime (although if my ex had made me miss Palace away last Oct I would have been seriously pissed off, as it was I saw her in London after the game!!)

Probably get slammed for this but I think too many people are too one-dimensional and are "Football, Football, Football" crazy....there are other things to enjoy in life apart from football, especially women, and people tend to forget that some times........

Sermon over!

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
You've got to go to the football.Set your ground rules now and will set you up for the future.If you give in she will always try and stop you going.She will have another birthday next year.Will we play Boro away in the cup again next season ?Explain football is the be all and end all,but you do love her and will make it up to her.:sick:
Wives/girlfriends should realise that between August and May it is footie and they can have your undivided attention between May and July provided there are no World cups or Euro Championships. Sounds very fair to me.
Saturdays are football days and Tues or Weds are for extra football.Make your rules and stick with it.Worked for me and have been married for 23 years,she asks me where I am going every Sat not if I am going.Relationships are about give and take,they give and we take.The Albion win hands down.
:clap: :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My other halfs birthday is on May 26th.
I live in constant fear of it clashing with a Playoff semi or final.

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here