Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dilemma - Girlfriend Vs Albion. HELP.

SammySeagull said:
take her with you and take her out for a meal after the match????????

Oh yes, good suggestion, Im sure she really wants to spend her bday at the other end of the country with me and a bunch of sweaty apes (fatboy) in seagulls shirts watching football. Why didnt i think of that? Clown. :jester:

Sully you have got me thinking though mate. You're right, im gonna get stick just for wanting to be there.....

KLH - I hope not........:eek:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
JordanGHarris said:
My girlfriend who I live with and have a kid with knows I love the Albion more than her, and I usually get told to fu** of and watch them anyway.

Just be straight with her, as believe me girlfriends come and go, but the Albion is forever mate!!

Sort ya priorities my son!!!!

good post.

just add a bit of random violence and you've hit the nail on the head.

1. Been there mate.

If you can get her up to the Dales, WENSLEYDALE then great for everyone.

But these issues don't go away, nearly every Sat I used to get some level of grief.

2. There is only one Albion but loads of women

3. Few women can tolerate men having an affair with fooball.

4. Its only a League cup game only about 10 peolpe will turn up from Borough

LC1:nono:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I woul like to point out that the taking her with you was my idea...if you do, somewhere like York or beverley in yorkshire are very lovely and only and hour or sos drive away.

Depends on if she is worth it. I went out with a guy when Brighton had the chance of winning promotion at Plymouth (and we did). He doesn't watch football (?) but managed to drag him down for the weekend.

Having said that, it wasn't his birthday. Maybe you should go up together, and promise her a weekend away together (alone). Watch the match and then make it up to her.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Gwylan said:
It's not worth it for the grief that it would cause.

I'm surprised that you mention it though, I wouldn't dream of going to any away game on my girlfriend's birthday.

The funny thing was he didn't actually realise it was on her birthday until she said and even then he had to look it up to see when her birthday was.

Clown. :jester: :jester:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
After a similar "dispute" over whether I loved my girlfriend more than the Albion, I "proved" my love for her by taking her out and missing the next Albion game. I even made sure we drove past the Goldstone so that she saw the floodlights were on, and she never doubted for a moment that I had indeed missed a game.

She wasn't a fan of any description, so I knew she would never realise it was only a reserve game that was taking place. To her, I had made a very great sacrifice, and proved my love.

Indeed I had.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Pavilionaire said:
I'd stay down here and keep her happy.

It's a long journey, the likelihood is we'll lose, Middlesbrough's a hole and it's only the League Cup.

Keep your powder dry for some big promotion-clinching away trips in the Spring...

True. \:glare:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gritt23 said:
After a similar "dispute" over whether I loved my girlfriend more than the Albion, I "proved" my love for her by taking her out and missing the next Albion game. I even made sure we drove past the Goldstone so that she saw the floodlights were on, and she never doubted for a moment that I had indeed missed a game.

She wasn't a fan of any description, so I knew she would never realise it was only a reserve game that was taking place. To her, I had made a very great sacrifice, and proved my love.

Indeed I had.

You are now officially my hero

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
im so glad my mrs birthday is 25th June. she loves england games so im sorted for the euros and world cup as well!

the problem you have is that you didnt make yourself clear enough when you first went out with her.

when i first met my mrs i told her brighton will come b4 her in most cases, and said if she didnt like it ,she didnt have to go out with me.

saying that though shes fairly independant and has a busier soical life than me!

You made your Bed............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here