Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dilemma - Girlfriend Vs Albion. HELP.

SHIT.

Artois went to book our flights to Middlesbrough yesterday. When in my excited state i told my girlfriend about the trip, she said... "It better not be on my birthday".

I checked. It was. BOLLOCKS.

If i go my life wont be worth living. She was pissed off with me for even suggesting that i still go away on her birthday, as i wasnt there last year either.

Any advice? What would you do?

Things to consider:

1. I REALLY want to go.

2. I have been with her for 2 years and we live together, so its not as though i can escape a womans fury.

3. I REALLY want to go.

4. She will undoubtedly plan a big meal/night out on the actual birthday and if im not there will have to tell everyone "Oh, he's at the football...", with pain etched on her pretty little face.

5. I REALLY want to go

6. She has already been moaning at me for watching/going to/playing too much football, and thinks its more importnat than her, this would probably be the last straw.

7. I REALLY want to go.

Come on then faithful NSC'ers, get Jonny Danger out of this one...... :nono:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Your not married, do what you want, but be prepared for the consequences, if she loves you, she will let you go, birthdays happen every year, playing Boro doesnt!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Book the night in a really nice hotel in the yorkshire dales and take her two the footy. then she gets the night away and a nice meal for her bday and gets to see a top notch match as well!

My 21st was ruined by my girlfriend taking me away for the weekend instead of letting me go to selhurst park for the palace game...

i think the key here is if we win and you are not there, could you ever forgive her?

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The problem is that now she knows that you really want to go, she'll make your life a misery anyway, if you decide not to.

You might as well go and take the flak that comes with it. At least it will have been worth it, then, rather than getting flak for wanting to go but actually staying and having your mind elsewhere!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Your girlfriend v The Albion - she has no chance.

I mean - the Albion are a team of finely tuned athletes, who have spent their lives preparing themselves for the task of winning football matches. I doubt your girlfriend can even kick a ball - at least in no other way than most girls can...

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Have you thought that she could be reading this at the moment? You could have your fingers burnt here, it has happened in the past, trust me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd stay down here and keep her happy.

It's a long journey, the likelihood is we'll lose, Middlesbrough's a hole and it's only the League Cup.

Keep your powder dry for some big promotion-clinching away trips in the Spring...

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
go to the match and when she sulks tell her she cant have sex for a week as a punishment for being so selfish - you were undoubtedly with the Albion before her.

JordanGHarris

Aug 18, 2003
My girlfriend who I live with and have a kid with knows I love the Albion more than her, and I usually get told to fu** of and watch them anyway.

Just be straight with her, as believe me girlfriends come and go, but the Albion is forever mate!!

Sort ya priorities my son!!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Safeway Seagull said:
I'm not going to Boro, so therefore can take your place.

Problem is, she might not want you back. :lolol:

:lolol: nice one Safeway!

I say it all depends on if you believe there is a solid future with possible marriage/kids with this woman? If not then go to the footy but if shes the bird of your dreams then I'm afraid to say it but you must follow your heart and go to the footy....eeerrr I mean birthday bash!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not worth it for the grief that it would cause.

I'm surprised that you mention it though, I wouldn't dream of going to any away game on my girlfriend's birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here