Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dikov and Brett Ormerod

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Hey folks,

just heard from my friend who speaks to Virgo frequently that we are/were looking to sign either Dickov or Brett Ormerod. Maybe these were/are the two elusive "stars" that have been touted.

Anyways, thought I would pass this info on the NSC massif

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Hey folks,

just heard from my friend who speaks to Virgo frequently that we are/were looking to sign either Dickov or Brett Ormerod. Maybe these were/are the two elusive "stars" that have been touted.

Anyways, thought I would pass this info on the NSC massif

I think it is very relevant that Dickov has NOT yet signed for Toronto FC. TFC own his MLS rights so if he was still thinking of coming over here he would have had to sign for TFC - or have his rights traded somewhere else if TFC could get something back for them.

If he is not coming to the MLS then he is probably still looking for something over there.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Both have played in the Premiership so I recokn this is very plausible. Either of those would make our squad VERY strong.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I remember Ormerod being the closest thing to a striker in Div 2 when we had Bobby Z. Amazingly I think he actually moved to Southampton for slightly more than BZ moved to Spurs round about the same time.

He's moved around a bit, think he's still a Preston player but pretty sure he played on loan with forest last season. Would be more than happy with getting him in.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dickov played for us a long, long time ago... on loan from the Gunners I recall... he was brilliant... would love him to make a return... I heard that Leicester link too tho...

Ormerod would be great too...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dickov has also played for Adams before so depending how they got on could help or hinder his signing for us

I'd be happy with Ormerod as well

IF we managed to get either one, who out of Forster or Murray would be dropped? I'm thinking that either Dickov or Ormerod may be slightly better players than we need if we are going to keep a harmonious forward line as I'm not sure I'd like to see either of the current forwards dropped and I can't see either of these two rumoured players coming here to sit in the stiffs.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Had to check this thread wasn't one resurrected from 1995...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here