Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dikov and Brett Ormerod

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am going to keep my fingers crossed we sign one or the other of them.
Either would be good......potentially very good

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
he cuts Virgo's hair and virgo said this to him in the last 3 weeks. apparently dickov is looking to relocate from the north. he doesnt know much about the albion nor about football so is not in the business to make stuff up. He also told me virgo was signing weeks before he did sign. anyways, just thought i would pass this on - and to respond to others who claim i am making this up - I am not! I hate unsubstantiated rumours too

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Dickov has also played for Adams before so depending how they got on could help or hinder his signing for us

I'd be happy with Ormerod as well

IF we managed to get either one, who out of Forster or Murray would be dropped? I'm thinking that either Dickov or Ormerod may be slightly better players than we need if we are going to keep a harmonious forward line as I'm not sure I'd like to see either of the current forwards dropped and I can't see either of these two rumoured players coming here to sit in the stiffs.

Not at all. It would mean there would be genuine competition for places which every successful club needs. One of them may have to sit on the bench but currently Forster and Murray both stroll into the first team so we've always needed a third proven striker.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
This is not a dig at your good self, Mr Kalinx, who's merely passing on what he's heard, but why would the management discuss forthcoming potential transfer policy with Virgs?

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Herne Hill, I asked him this too cos I was sceptial - being an avid seagull fan. He seemed to think that the whole squad knew who we were targeting. Maybe a morale boost or something. Anyway, shame Leicester nabbed him!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
This is not a dig at your good self, Mr Kalinx, who's merely passing on what he's heard, but why would the management discuss forthcoming potential transfer policy with Virgs?

Also, the manager would absolutely discuss potential signings with the players, because he would want to guage any reactions.

It's not inconceivable at all that the entire squad know who we are looking to sign.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Bad news about Dickov to Leicester. They are going to be very very strong

I'm not so sure about that you know. Dickov is a good player, and I would rather him here than there, but I certainly don't think he has 20 goals in him, unlike Forster. He was never that prolific, and even less so now.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There was no internet then :)

Well, there was, sort of;

"The internet was invented by the US Department of Defense in the year 1969 as a means of communication if it was attacked by Russia. The agency who actually implemented this project funded by the US Department of Defense is called ARPAnet or Advanced Research Projects Agency Networks. ARPAnet created the TCP/IP communications standard. It defines the transfer of data on the Internet today.

Many of us think that the internet and the World Wide Web (WWW) mean the same thing. In fact, they mean two different things. The World Wide Web is an information system that links data from several internet servers under one set of protocols called HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol). Tim Berners-Lee an Englishman invented the WWW in Switzerland in 1989. "

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not concerned about not signing Dickov as I believe that he is an over the hill player looking for large wage packet on reputation, who will not cause many problems when we play Leicester

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Also, the manager would absolutely discuss potential signings with the players, because he would want to guage any reactions.

It's not inconceivable at all that the entire squad know who we are looking to sign.

I'd have imagined that cards would be played close to the chest on these matters, lest they get out. But there you go - I don't know the inner workings of the place so I may well have it way off.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I'd have imagined that cards would be played close to the chest on these matters, lest they get out. But there you go - I don't know the inner workings of the place so I may well have it way off.

Oh no, you're right, the cards would absolutely be played close to the chest, but players should form part of that confidentiality of discussions. Of course, that doesn't always happen!

However, I would think the manager and/or coaching staff wouldn't sign anybody without guaging any reaction whatsoever, because that promotes engagement within the squad that they are being listened to. It also helps to know up front if any of the players have experience of the individuals they are trying to sign.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There was no internet then :)
Of course we had t'internet back in 1995 , I for one was dismissive of it , believing it was just another fad that would just disappear after a couple of years like betamax vcrs and laser disc players. Back in those days it was medieval as pages took ages to download perhaps due to dial up speeds at a maximum of 28/56 kbits per second which in reality meant a download speed of 2.5 kb/s if you were lucky. :cool:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not at all. It would mean there would be genuine competition for places which every successful club needs. One of them may have to sit on the bench but currently Forster and Murray both stroll into the first team so we've always needed a third proven striker.

Have to agree to differ then as I think both Forster and Murray are as good a forward line as you'll get in this division. Put one of them on the bench for any length of time and they would want away, understandably imo as they are both too good to be sitting on our bench.

My point was that we need to sign a good experienced back up striker to support those two and maybe challenge if they are off form, we do not imo need a replacement for either of them. Ormerod or Dickov type players would not sign without assurances of being 1st choice whilst fit and playing well...I wouldn't have thought. I can see why you would want the best we can get but it could be counterproductive if we had 3 top class forwards vying for a place in a team that plays with two. We are not a big enough club to get away with that at the moment even if we could afford to do it.

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I am not concerned about not signing Dickov as I believe that he is an over the hill player looking for large wage packet on reputation, who will not cause many problems when we play Leicester

*Prepares to bounce thread on 28 October after Dickov has bagged a brace against us*

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here