Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital Stadium app Project

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Has any one else on NSC signed up to take part in this joint Sussex University / BHA project. The idea is to provide a match day app (for Android). Sounds like a good idea - only problem is where I am in WSU phone reception during matches is not always brilliant???

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I signed up but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm wsu too and the signal is actually ok, it's just the sheer volume of use in one area that slows it or crashes it. There just isn't the amount of bandwidth required for such high traffic. And this is what the study is looking into resolving.......

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yep, got the follow-up email about it this morning

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I signed up but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm wsu too and the signal is actually ok, it's just the sheer volume of use in one area that slows it or crashes it. There just isn't the amount of bandwidth required for such high traffic. And this is what the study is looking into resolving.......

Are you sure, as my reception at the AMEX on non matchdays is just as bad.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I signed up too, but haven't heard anything (yet)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm on 3 for my network, i used to live in woodingdean and it always used to drop out when driving past the stadium, even before the stadium, even before it was built. But 3 improved the signal and its been ok since.

I don't generally have a problem and can use 3G on the WSU concourse pre match until it gets busy then it slows to a crawl or times out.

Whatever the digital group are doing I hope it works, if they can develop something and it works think of the sales possibilities all ove the world where there are thousands of people in a small area trying to use mobiles.

Football grounds, arenas, festivals, and in the states there is also the NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, sites to cover. Surprised someone else hasn't tried it already actually!!!

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
If it is set up to do things with smart phones, why werent iphones included in this as when you look around most people are using Apple?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
i applied but didn't get a reply :-( Blinking Everest hasn't even GOT a phone

Have too!

Old+Mobile+Phones+01.jpg

It was pretty smart when I got it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When Bozza escapes from under his collapsed shelving he's going to be all over this thread and there will be hell to pay if apple isn't the first with an Amex App

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Has any one else on NSC signed up to take part in this joint Sussex University / BHA project. The idea is to provide a match day app (for Android). Sounds like a good idea - only problem is where I am in WSU phone reception during matches is not always brilliant???

Where did you hear about it? I've heard nothing.

The issue for me is reception - it's pants!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Hi,

The digital stadium project is, as spongy says below, set up to do smart things with smart phones to get around the connectivity problems in stadiums. So if you want to be part of the fan group helping design and testing the services, please email Jon at jonr@sussex.ac.uk.

cheers
ian (Digital Stadium project manager)
Digital Stadium

Iphone users too? Or just Android?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I signed up and had this email on saturday a couple of hours before the Derby game,
I replied but have since not heard anything back.

"Thanks for expressing an interest in the Digital Stadium project.

You recently completed the questionnaire and the Club will shortly be informing the winner and 5 runners up for the signed Albion shirt and DVD's - winners were selected at random by computer yesterday afternoon. Good luck!

We wanted to send you this to ask if you would help get involved in the piloting of the Digital Stadium App and if so to confirm by replying to this message as soon as you can:

If you are, please let us know that you have use of an Android phone on home-game match days, your ROW/SEAT NUMBER and which part of the stand you are in.

I’ll now give you a little more information, but if there’s anything else you want to know please feel free to get in touch with me on this email address."

As I say, still waiting.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If it is set up to do things with smart phones, why werent iphones included in this as when you look around most people are using Apple?

Because apple are Shit

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That may have been true a few years ago but times have changed. IPhone is now superseded in terms of sales by just one android manufacturer (samsung) and that is disregarding all the other brands. Apparently Apple are halving their iPhone 5 orders for parts in the coming quarter as demand has been poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here