Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital Stadium app Project

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ha ha ha ha!

So shit they've sold over 100 million iphones.

Ha ha ha ha.

You should get a meeting with Jonathan Ive and Scott Forstall so you can share your wisdom with them.

Ouch!!

Funny how applites are so protective of their little digi things, the rest of us have lives

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Tbf, as much as I love my iPhone. Slap an apple logo on it, and the sheep will come.

To be fair to yourself, I'm assuming you're no sheep and you still love your iphone. I have an iphone and an android and I appreciate both. The idea that one is shit is just crooked thinking.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ouch!!

Funny how applites are so protective of their little digi things, the rest of us have lives

See my reply to GreersElbow. Just think it's not true that one is shit and one isn't (not that you said that.)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
See my reply to GreersElbow. Just think it's not true that one is shit and one isn't (not that you said that.)

I was only fishing and it's unfair really because it's so easy with apple followers. As it happens I have both HTC I use and iphone I bought for my daughter.

DigitalStadium

Jan 15, 2013
We would love to be working directly with iphones. Unfortunately, there is one major show stopper as to why we can't use iphones yet:

1/ This is a research project, looking to understand how we can get phones to network directly with each other, and whether people would accept this, given guarantees about battery, 3G and other resource usage, and with proper protection of data. Apple's programming interfaces do not allow us to do this yet, but android does. Therefore we use android.

If everybody likes what we do, and the software performs as we expect, we hope to roll out a version of the app for iPhone before the end of the season, but this will either be limited in its capabilities, or will require some clunky user interaction to do its job.

However, we still want to know how you use your iPhone in the stadium, and what services would improve your match day experience, so if you want to tell us what to do, email jonr@sussex.ac.uk

DigitalStadium

Jan 15, 2013
We've been a little overwhelmed with the number of responses, and we're doing our best to reply to everyone as quickly as we can. The delay is ensuring we have everyone properly logged, with all the protection of your personal details required by the university's code of ethics - much stronger than for any commercial organisation. If you don't a reply by the end of the week, let me or jonr@sussex.ac.uk know, and we'll check on what's happened.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Tbf, as much as I love my iPhone. Slap an apple logo on it, and the sheep will come.

But many of those sheep will be due to the fact they trust apple to build an excellent phone.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
We would love to be working directly with iphones. Unfortunately, there is one major show stopper as to why we can't use iphones yet:

1/ This is a research project, looking to understand how we can get phones to network directly with each other, and whether people would accept this, given guarantees about battery, 3G and other resource usage, and with proper protection of data. Apple's programming interfaces do not allow us to do this yet, but android does. Therefore we use android.

If everybody likes what we do, and the software performs as we expect, we hope to roll out a version of the app for iPhone before the end of the season, but this will either be limited in its capabilities, or will require some clunky user interaction to do its job.

However, we still want to know how you use your iPhone in the stadium, and what services would improve your match day experience, so if you want to tell us what to do, email jonr@sussex.ac.uk

Windows Phone 8??

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I mean apple in general, their phones cannot be beaten.

CANNOT.

But they are being beaten. Apple build nice phones that are a premium product etc etc. They stopped being trailblazing and innovative about three years ago when the HTC desire came out and have made very little progress since then. Have a look at their sales figures. They will always attract some people due to the lure of the name but that market is, I'm afraid, diminishing.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
But they are being beaten. Apple build nice phones that are a premium product etc etc. They stopped being trailblazing and innovative about three years ago when the HTC desire came out and have made very little progress since then. Have a look at their sales figures. They will always attract some people due to the lure of the name but that market is, I'm afraid, diminishing.

That was entirely my point...made in my first comment..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here