Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digging out the old vinyl

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wozza said:
I don't think you understand how MP3s can be played "wherever you do" - that is, at home, on the move, and at work. Anyway...

Oh I do, I do. I sit in the same office as Macworld listening to them going on about iPods all day and every day. Anyone would think that Apple had discovered a cure for cancer or something.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Wozza said:
I don't think you understand how MP3s can be played "wherever you do" - that is, at home, on the move, and at work. Anyway...

I used to like the idea of listening to music everywhere I went - especially on the train to London and back everyday.....but then I realized I missed listening to the real world everyday..... and now we look forward to going home after work, glass of wine in hand - sift through the records, lay some vinyl on the turntable, crank up the amp and listen....

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I was 13/14 when punk first came out and from the proceeds of my paper round acquired nearly every Jam, Clash and Buzzcocks single released. Seeing the Jam live on their modern world tour is one of those little treasures (along with the clash at the Lyceum) that I will take to my grave. Have also been offered a sizeable sum for my collection but would never part.

While talking about punk I heard the guy from the Office was on Soccer AM the other day and saw Lovejoy wearing a Ramones tee shirt and took the piss when finding out he had never even heard one of their records. Anyone see this?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gordon the Gopher said:

While talking about punk I heard the guy from the Office was on Soccer AM the other day and saw Lovejoy wearing a Ramones tee shirt and took the piss when finding out he had never even heard one of their records. Anyone see this?

yes it was great.

Martin Freeman: Is that a ramones t-shirt?
Lovejoy: Yes
Martin Freeman: Can you name one of their songs?
Lovejoy: >Silence<
Martin Freemand: Can you even name one of their albums?
Lovejoy: No
Martin Freeman: Thought so.

Marvellous Scenes.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
Ever experienced Dusty Springfield 45s on a Dansette then?

No? 1-0 to the fat bloke, then. :lol:

Just off to do that now.

Yep

The last music centre we bought, we made sure it had a turntable with it. I have my collection of 60's vinyl that I love to listen to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Yep

The last music centre we bought, we made sure it had a turntable with it. I have my collection of 60's vinyl that I love to listen to.

Probably worth a fair bit now 60s vinyl as well.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ive got a stack of vinyl, some signed ltd edition. Would never sell it because its bloody great.

Dusty Springfield...amazing singer who sounds perfect on a record player.

I was actually saying just this afternoon how I was thinking about buying a new record player to do my vinyl justice.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
Probably worth a fair bit now 60s vinyl as well.

My kids can sell it when I'm gone then :lolol:

My son loves most of my 60's stuff. He has put some of it onto CD for me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beatles, Stones, Gene Pitney, Simon & Garfunkel & Fleetwood Mac (albums)

Loads of different singles

NO

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Beatles, Stones, Gene Pitney, Simon & Garfunkel & Fleetwood Mac (albums)

Loads of different singles

NO

Your kids will be very grateful one day :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought they had to be in mint condition to be worth anything.

I have the original 'Love me do' with a red Parlophone label (they changed to black the next year) from Nov 62 but I wrote my initials on the label because I took it to Portslade youth club and I didn't want it nicked

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
I thought they had to be in mint condition to be worth anything.

I have the original 'Love me do' with a red Parlophone label (they changed to black the next year) from Nov 62 but I wrote my initials on the label because I took it to Portslade youth club and I didn't want it nicked

Doesn't matter as there are hardly any around, seriously think about having it all valued for house contents insurance purpose.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Often vinyl with qwicky stories attatched to them like your youth club one go for more.

I know someone who has 'the who live at the isle of wite' which was damaged in a fire that detroyed a record shop so he got it in the sale. Worth more because of the story and background. It has to be playable still but sometimes things like singed sleeves and innitials make them more desirable.

Ive got all the beatles albums, currently looking for ones by:

- geno washington
- al green
- stevie wonder
- dusty springfield
- pp arnold.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
Doesn't matter as there are hardly any around, seriously think about having it all valued for house contents insurance purpose.

Ok will do

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Beach Hut said:
Your kids will be very grateful one day :lolol:

That's what I keep telling Justine and the children!

One day my boy, this triple live Album by Santana with the giant fold-out poster will be yours!!

Vinyl is brilliant

Other precious albums:

Down by the Jetty and Malpractice by Dr Feelgood
All my Jam stuff
The Clash's first album
My Hendrix Live album

and many more

Marvellous
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here