Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digging out the old vinyl

Adams score 0

Jul 18, 2003
Rajasthan(india)
I have been a Jam fan from the start and have all there records on single and album.Trouble is with cd's and tape they look out of place.So they get hidden away.
But every now and again i get the urge to listen and then get hooked again.Hence some of my annoying threads.
As i was looking i found a talking heads album,that i am listening too.I might move on to OMD after.
Do any of you listen to some old or fav's and then put them away again.
Or is it me that will not buy something on cd,when i have a copy allready.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
my other half has all his old albums on display, and I totally agrre - old vinyl should be seen and played.....although some of the rarer stuff we're now burning onto CD just to preserve it for longer....listening to old vinyl is the best - theres no comparison....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have all the jam vinyl and have them all on CD as well. Listen to CDs most but every now and again I dust of the old records and enjoy a good listen.

The crackling makes it sound as fresh and new as it did the first time I heard them.

WE ARE THE MODS

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Adams score 0 said:
I have been a Jam fan from the start and have all there records on single and album.Trouble is with cd's and tape they look out of place.So they get hidden away.
But every now and again i get the urge to listen and then get hooked again.Hence some of my annoying threads.
As i was looking i found a talking heads album,that i am listening too.I might move on to OMD after.

f*** me. This is like a discussion from the '90s or something.

Have you head of the Apple iPod!?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: Digging out the old vinyl

Wozza said:
f*** me. This is like a discussion from the '90s or something.

Have you head of the Apple iPod!?

I had a tape walkman.....

I had CD walkman....

I had a minidisc walkman.....

sorry mate - but I'm all gadgeted out now......back to the old fashioned way for me....

besides - show me an ipod that fits vinyl?? :lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Vinyl is for people who like music

iPods are for people who like gadgets.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Richie Morris said:
I have all the jam vinyl and have them all on CD as well. Listen to CDs most but every now and again I dust of the old records and enjoy a good listen.

The crackling makes it sound as fresh and new as it did the first time I heard them.

WE ARE THE MODS

richie your maths don't work out to me....you're early 20's and the jam split up 22 years ago....so at best you heard their stuff 10 years ago..... but on vinyl when you "dust of the old records" ????

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Adams score 0 said:

I give all my old Black Sabbath an outing every now and again.......... christ you had to be on drugs to make sense of the early stuff thats for sure....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
afters said:
richie your maths don't work out to me....you're early 20's and the jam split up 22 years ago....so at best you heard their stuff 10 years ago..... but on vinyl when you "dust of the old records" ????

You are right.

I am 23 next week.

BUT

I got into the Jam at a young age and own all their vinyl. This vinyl gathers dust and I enjoy listening to it every now and again because it has a more fresh sound.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Richie Morris said:
You are right.

I am 23 next week.

BUT

I got into the Jam at a young age and own all their vinyl. This vinyl gathers dust and I enjoy listening to it every now and again because it has a more fresh sound.

good for you.

not too sure about the vinyl myself, i've got every jam record but they were all a bit overplayed when i was a lad!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wozza said:
MP3 players are for people who like music wherever they go.

Nah, music has to be heard on massive speakers. If the house ain't shaking, it ain't rocking.

Music on the go is a poor substitute for the real thing.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Gwylan said:
Nah, music has to be heard on massive speakers. If the house ain't shaking, it ain't rocking.

Not if you've got good kit.

I've got Seinnheiser PX100's and my trusty CMOY. I can play music much loader than I dare to in my flat.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Gwylan said:

What makes you think I don't play my MP3s through "massive speakers"?

Thanks for that. I'll keep it in mind when I next travel to work.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wozza said:
What makes you think I don't play my MP3s through "massive speakers"?

You take massive speakers with you to work. No wonder the tube's always packed after Balham :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I don't think you understand how MP3s can be played "wherever you do" - that is, at home, on the move, and at work. Anyway...

Last edited:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Vinyl's good - I trot out my vinyl every now and again on my SL1200.

Music on the move is also good.

In fact music is great anywhere.

I love music.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here