Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Maradona Coming To Bha?!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Interested to see how this all pans out....................sponsors dinner could be an evening to remember:lolol: :lolol:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
the rumours just seem to be getting worse and worse, who's next?? Pele?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I'm not at all suprised that rumours of potential investors are starting to pop up and I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing a few more as soon as fatty Prescott says YES.

Think about it, a club in the affluent South East with a huge catchment area and a history of decent support, just about to get a shiny new stadium and with a bit of investment on the playing side could quite possibly be a Premiership club within a season!

I would have thought that with the Albions potential to be a reasonably big club, investors are almost certain to be interested.

I feel quite confident that we can trust DK to get the right investors on board. Somehow doubt that it will be these two though.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
3gulls said:
Yes, he is good at that isn't he! :rolleyes:

OK, name the bad ones so far!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I bet they are WETTING themselves about this on the Palace boards.

One to rate with the Asprilla for Darlington and Michael Owen for Wigan stories I'd wager (and Sainsbury for Leeds, etc etc)

Entertaining start to my morning nonetheless

:lolol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
H block said:
I once has a Fray Bentos meat pie.............. I shall keep you all posted
:lolol: :lolol:

It's fantastic publity, no doubt about that, and they'll be rumours abound for as long as it takes Falmer to be built if we get the nod. Have always believed that people will be extremely interested in us, let's face it, we have the potential as we all know.

But DK and MP at our peril must not relinquish control to anyone with such a dodgy past (and I bet, future!) as Maradona etc. Have we not learnt anything from the "war" years? In fact I'd be happy to stay a championship club with DK and MP at the helm for many years to come if necessary whilst we build/pay off Falmer debts and progress sensibly. Even if we have Falmer, it can all go Pete tong as Bradford and Leeds proved when they had chairman that just got carried-away rather than someone like Archer who clearly didn't have our interests at heart.

No, DK and MP delivered the club's survival and have overly proved they have the best intentions / are exceptionally good at leading a football club in it's local community. Yes they'll entertain serious investors, always have said that, but they have the right to say no to salamander-type business men, especially ones from small Lancashire villages who F*** us and then leave town without charge with the family silver.

I'm still very bitter about those years because it was so serious and agonising to live through. 10 years on, those of us who battled so hard to keep the club alive are now often dismissed by others with shorter memories, or are desperate for success at any price or who weren't really old enough to understand how close we came. These individuals also dismiss people like me with a casualness that's also increasingly afforded to my grandparents generation when they mention the war and how younger people forget the lessons they learnt eg yeah, yeah, blah blah zzzzzzz. I never want to spend an afternoon like I did in May 97 at Hereford EVER again.

We need to all be wary of these type of "saviours", they'll be more to come that's for sure and we had one surface around 1994 remember? Look were that got us. We shouldn't forget the only PROVEN "saviour" of our club is the bloke who's currently our chairman.

But hey, nice attention grabbing rumour until Falmer's approved.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
edna krabappel said:
I bet they are WETTING themselves about this on the Palace boards.

Not really. One small thread on the Away fans forum

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
This started off as a small item in the Mail on Sunday (according to Nsc)

Just a thought.... does Ernest work for the Mail? :lolol: :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I do not know if Maradonna knows that Brighton is in England, if H-block does not know that Fray Bentos is in Uruguay!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
BensGrandad said:
Name any!!! Other than Fatboy who has paid the bills not INVESTED any money.

Oh and Kevin Griffiths!!!!!

Would you invest in a club without a ground? When we get the Falmer YES, the club will instantly become more attractive to investors. Considering the state the club was in when DK took over, it's a massive achievement that we are where we are today.

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
KinkyGoebels said:
since ozzie used to live in London there is a slight chance he knows brighton

Exactly and I think he played played against us in the 80's when Brighton were technically a premier league side. Not sure but he must of played in front of a 25,000 plus crowd at The Goldstone and seen the potential. People should remember we were not always shit and some of us have been supporting the club a very long time, it does'nt suprise me in the slightest investors would want to put money in.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
portlock seagull said:

Have always believed that people will be extremely interested in us, let's face it, we have the potential as we all know.

But DK and MP at our peril must not relinquish control to anyone with such a dodgy past (and I bet, future!) as Maradona etc. Have we not learnt anything from the "war" years? In fact I'd be happy to stay a championship club with DK and MP at the helm for many years to come if necessary whilst we build/pay off Falmer debts and progress sensibly. Even if we have Falmer, it can all go Pete tong as Bradford and Leeds proved when they had chairman that just got carried-away rather than someone like Archer who clearly didn't have our interests at heart.

No, DK and MP delivered the club's survival and have overly proved they have the best intentions / are exceptionally good at leading a football club in it's local community. Yes they'll entertain serious investors, always have said that, but they have the right to say no to salamander-type business men, especially ones from small Lancashire villages who F*** us and then leave town without charge with the family silver.

I'm still very bitter about those years because it was so serious and agonising to live through. 10 years on, those of us who battled so hard to keep the club alive are now often dismissed by others with shorter memories, or are desperate for success at any price or who weren't really old enough to understand how close we came. These individuals also dismiss people like me with a casualness that's also increasingly afforded to my grandparents generation when they mention the war and how younger people forget the lessons they learnt eg yeah, yeah, blah blah zzzzzzz. I never want to spend an afternoon like I did in May 97 at Hereford EVER again.

We need to all be wary of these type of "saviours", they'll be more to come that's for sure and we had one surface around 1994 remember? Look were that got us. We shouldn't forget the only PROVEN "saviour" of our club is the bloke who's currently our chairman.

I'm tempted to keep a copy of this in memory so i can post it each time bensgrandad and 3gulls start whining on . Oh and by the way guys ERNEST ISNT SERIOUS:clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here