Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Maradona Coming To Bha?!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
At least it would get rid of the Gay chants.

Instead of 'Your going down with your boyfriend' it would along the lines of 'Your going down with the Belgrano' 'You can stick your hand of God up your arse'

Pre season friendly in Buenos Aires would be worth going to though

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:
This is just so bizarre I can't get my head round it. SURELY this is some kind of wind-up.

thats what i was thinking - but when it was announced on the radio, they said it was in several of the nationals today

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If any truth in this then surely a good thing if anyone wants to put money in the club, lets hear what they got to say

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Start learning.....

Usted va a casa en una ambulancia que jode - for Palarse

Quién es el tonto en el negro - for the Ref

Ensaque al presidente - for Ernest!

Usted es demasiado viejo y lento - for Oatway/Mayo/Others

Debemos estar golpeando los equipos como brighton - for the rest of the CCC

So, if Maradona gets us, is the Sun going to run a "Gotcha" headline...every handball will be the "hand of God"....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
erm... right... not the wake up call i was expecting!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
He shouldn't be let anywhere near the playing field. Has anyone seen the STATE of him these days?

Hardly one to defend him...

.. but he's sorted himself out, has lost all the excess weight and is off the drugs.

.. and is presenting some dancing show in Argentina ?

.. sorry, it get's very surreal :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
dwayne said:
.....and who started the rumour?

a certain Dick Knight or Martin Perry, come on lads you can do better than this.

This is blatantly a story to get Brighton in the public eye before the Falmer decision, DK is a PR man after all.

They'll be running out to Don't cry for me Argentina as well

I can't believe its a very good PR stunt though, if it is complete bollocks then it can't have a good effect on the team, can it?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
dwayne said:
.....and who started the rumour?

a certain Dick Knight or Martin Perry, come on lads you can do better than this.

This is blatantly a story to get Brighton in the public eye before the Falmer decision, DK is a PR man after all.

I will say this only once - i think dwayne may have a point :eek:

This is never going to happen (thank God) but National publicity in the weeks immediately before the announcement can't be bad. I don't think it was DK instigated but ......

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
World Cup football legends Diego Maradona and Ossie Ardiles could be coming to Brighton and Hove Albion.

The wealthy Argentinian duo are interested in investing if the Seagulls get permission for a stadium at Falmer.

Maradona and Ardiles are keen to be involved in the running of an English club with potential.

Albion have been identified by Steve Perryman and Paul Miller - two English-based former team-mates of Ardiles at Tottenham - as an ideal candidate, providing the move to Falmer receives Government approval later this month.

Ardiles, speaking from his home in Spain, revealed: "It is a possibility. We will have to see what happens. I cannot say much at the moment. I've finished with football in Japan. I am living in Spain, enjoying the sun and we will see what happens.

"I am open to everything. It would be great to come back to English football."

Albion chairman Dick Knight dismissed as "total nonsense" suggestions that Ardiles is about to replace Mark McGhee as manager.

There has been no contact so far between the club and Ardiles, although Knight admitted: "I believe it is distinctly probable that all sorts of people who have had successful careers, like Ardiles, would be interested in Albion when we get our stadium."

Ardiles, 53, was sacked by Japanese League team Tokyo Verdy 1969 in July. He has also managed in England with Spurs, Blackburn, Swindon, Newcastle and West Brom, as well as France, Mexico, Croatia, Saudi Arabia and Argentina.

As a player, he won the World Cup with Argentina in 1978 and the FA Cup in successive years with Spurs.

Maradona, now 45, was widely recognised as the greatest player of his generation.

He is best remembered for his controversial 'Hand of God' goal against England which helped Argentina win the 1986 World Cup.

The Seagulls are still waiting to hear whether they will be allowed to build a stadium at Falmer. Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has promised an answer by the end of the month.

Martin Perry, Albion's chief executive, said: "If anybody as a result of the decision wishes to invest in the club, we would clearly be happy to talk to them.

"We would expect those discussions to take place in a professional and confidential manner.

"All they have to do is contact us and we will talk to them, because we are going to be seeking additional investment once the decision is made."

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Ossie is quoted in the article as saying

'I'm open to anything . It would be great to come back to English football' ...

Surely if this was a non story initiated by DK, Ossie would have just dismissed it out of hand ... 'I know nothing, meester'

???

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Please tell me this is all another nsc wind up!!!

:nono: :shootself

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
clapham_gull said:
Hardly one to defend him...

.. but he's sorted himself out, has lost all the excess weight and is off the drugs.

.. and is presenting some dancing show in Argentina ?

.. sorry, it get's very surreal :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Lost all the weight by having a gastric bypass - hardly sorting himself out!

Anyway, this should be interesting now to see where it finishes up. Nothing online for it yet, so no-one is denying or confirming anything. I hope the club handles it well and it doesn't affect the playing staff.....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
cardboard said:
World Cup football legends Diego Maradona and Ossie Ardiles could be coming to Brighton and Hove Albion.

The wealthy Argentinian duo are interested in investing if the Seagulls get permission for a stadium at Falmer.

Maradona and Ardiles are keen to be involved in the running of an English club with potential.

Albion have been identified by Steve Perryman and Paul Miller - two English-based former team-mates of Ardiles at Tottenham - as an ideal candidate, providing the move to Falmer receives Government approval later this month.

Ardiles, speaking from his home in Spain, revealed: "It is a possibility. We will have to see what happens. I cannot say much at the moment. I've finished with football in Japan. I am living in Spain, enjoying the sun and we will see what happens.

"I am open to everything. It would be great to come back to English football."

Albion chairman Dick Knight dismissed as "total nonsense" suggestions that Ardiles is about to replace Mark McGhee as manager.

There has been no contact so far between the club and Ardiles, although Knight admitted: "I believe it is distinctly probable that all sorts of people who have had successful careers, like Ardiles, would be interested in Albion when we get our stadium."

Ardiles, 53, was sacked by Japanese League team Tokyo Verdy 1969 in July. He has also managed in England with Spurs, Blackburn, Swindon, Newcastle and West Brom, as well as France, Mexico, Croatia, Saudi Arabia and Argentina.

As a player, he won the World Cup with Argentina in 1978 and the FA Cup in successive years with Spurs.

Maradona, now 45, was widely recognised as the greatest player of his generation.

He is best remembered for his controversial 'Hand of God' goal against England which helped Argentina win the 1986 World Cup.

The Seagulls are still waiting to hear whether they will be allowed to build a stadium at Falmer. Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has promised an answer by the end of the month.

Martin Perry, Albion's chief executive, said: "If anybody as a result of the decision wishes to invest in the club, we would clearly be happy to talk to them.

"We would expect those discussions to take place in a professional and confidential manner.

"All they have to do is contact us and we will talk to them, because we are going to be seeking additional investment once the decision is made."

I think this may be a realygood PR stunt!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Perfect story for us :nono:

CASH? IT'S MARAGONA

FORMER football star Diego Maradona has sidestepped a £20million tax bill - by allegedly having a £2m TV fee paid to a bank in Argentina.

Maradona, 45, is receiving the money for appearing on an Italian dance series. He owes the tax from his time with the club Napoli but refuses to pay. Italian finance minister Daniele Molgora said: "He has not paid one cent, claiming he's broke."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here