Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't deserve that at all

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
That's what I've always thought. Wrong words, ill-timed, but said in the heat of the moment. I just shrugged it off really. It hardly undermined everything he had achieved at the club in 3 1/2 years.

Said at the time that Poyet needed to get himself away on holiday after that match and reflect on the season that gone by and to reflect on what he could have done better and what might have been needed to get the club on to the next level. He was reacting to a direct question by an opportunistic journalist 10 minutes after a match in which he had suffered the hitherto most painful defeat of his managerial career and he was raw with emotion. He gave a response in broken English that was interpreted by some as meaning he had thought he had become bigger than the club. Maybe actions behind the scenes gave rise to this which has resulted in where we are now. Certainly, I think there is far more of a back story to his dismissal than a few misplaced words after a chastening defeat.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not saying he didn't deserve to be sacked. I was expecting it. Wrong way to go about it though.

Just because he announced that he had been sacked on air you believe him yet didn't he go on to say there had been some communications earlier. Maybe he already knew and the club thought this was the best action to take rather than Poyet announce to the world he has been sacked and then a lot of fans would have been pissed off that they heard it on the telly!!!

I know Albion fans have a hard time considering the possibility that Gus has been badly treated by the board - but this disgraceful treatment of Gus live on TV underlines this possibility.

I don't think it would be fair to sack anyone live on TV, but even more so because its someone who has done so much for the club.

You cannot even contemplate that Poyet is the author of his own misfortune can you. The fact that you believe he only found out when he was on tv is naivety personified.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He wasn't informed at all. He wouldn't lie about "receiving no calls, no texts, no messages, no anything" live on TV when the club could prove in court that he did.

We got the news before him - and he heard from the BBC.

The statement clearly states that he had been informed, I fail to see how it could have been made any clearer.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
If he had been informed previously and lied on air about being informed of his sacking via the BBC then he can kiss goodbye to any appeal or getting taken seriously for another job. Clearly NSC is divided on this which will no doubt make entertaining reading.

What Gus said after Palace was wrong, wrong, wrong but, in his defence, he could argue that it was said in the heat of the moment, a very emotional moment.

This was cold blooded. A statement releaced on a Sunday evening and whilst he is live on national TV, why? I think it's a disgraceful way to act.

and what about before the game?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He wasn't informed at all. He wouldn't lie about "receiving no calls, no texts, no messages, no anything" live on TV when the club could prove in court that he did.

Any thoughts on this in the cold light of day?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Ho ho, I love the way you are so sure that Gus wouldn't lie, but everyone involved with the club management and ownership would.......what an amazingly 'one eyed' view of reality you have.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ho ho, I love the way you are so sure that Gus wouldn't lie, but everyone involved with the club management and ownership would.......what an amazingly 'one eyed' view of reality you have.

Id ignore him, EVERY post they post, they make it seem like the sun shines out of Gus' arse when its far from that.

Gus had nothing to lose in lying - the club do. The club have gone on the record to say that Gus was aware of the decision by publishing an extra statement, I hardly doubt they would do that if he wasnt told.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

I thought at one time you were just a bit of a mischief maker, but the more I read of your posts I can only suspect that you lack any real intelligence and common sense.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I thought at one time you were just a bit of a mischief maker, but the more I read of your posts I can only suspect that you lack any real intelligence and common sense.

typical of all of your posts

LOOK AT ME I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT

do you understand the word

PENDING
it does not mean we are sacking you now but some time in the future

please move on and stop stalking people

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I would imagine that 'pending' in this instance would mean you are sacked pending an official announcement later today. For Poyet to say on live TV he had no idea is a downright lie and some of the above posters seem to be very naive if they believe him. I accept no one really knows at this stage but I'm afraid I have lot more faith in the club then Poyet to tell the truth. The bit that showed this was when he said he wanted to appeal to get his job back for the start of season, yet alledgely, he informed all who would listen that he was off in the summer, months ago. I have great respect for the job he did for us but I have lost all respect for the him personally. My own view is he tried to call the clubs bluff with his rhetoic and thought he was irreplacable but has now found out that no one is bigger then the club and he is trying to save face. Thanks for the memories Gus but please now google off!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
typical of all of your posts

LOOK AT ME I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT

do you understand the word

PENDING
it does not mean we are sacking you now but some time in the future

please move on and stop stalking people

Why don't you stop reading my posts then, block me.... but you cant resist seeing the truth can you.

Ha, and you are another one,..... whilst you understand the true context of that "pending" reference about as much as I do, my take is that it was in the context that the decision was already made, the formal anouncement itself was pending. However you retain the right to keep your head buried, feel free, I prefer the fresh air of righteousness,.... stick that in your pipe...... 11.5k posts on nothing too interesting.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Why don't you stop reading my posts then, block me.... but you cant resist seeing the truth can you.

Ha, and you are another one,..... whilst you understand the true context of that "pending" reference about as much as I do, my take is that it was in the context that the decision was already made, the formal anouncement itself was pending. However you retain the right to keep your head buried, feel free, I prefer the fresh air of righteousness,.... stick that in your pipe...... 11.5k posts on nothing too interesting.

I wouldn't worry about the Cat Muppet! I think he may be detached from reality!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

have you had the chance to listen to blooms interview? might put your assertion in question

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just a quick question for the OP. Do you trust Gus more than Tony, because Tony's video statement is VERY clear on the fact Gus knew he was sacked (better clarity than the club statement on the official site)?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
There is no reasoning with you fella! I would think that in days to come you may find out that Poyet did know before hand (he will say his people knew but he didn't) and the reasons for his sacking. Personally Gus did great for us but he has obviously done some stupid things behind the scenes and I am glad this decision has now been made and we can move on. I wouldn't believe a word Gus said tonight on TV and await the actual truth to come out!

This.

It looks like Gus is still trying to destroy the club even after he has gone.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Just a quick question for the OP. Do you trust Gus more than Tony, because Tony's video statement is VERY clear on the fact Gus knew he was sacked (better clarity than the club statement on the official site)?

After watching the interview it would seem he knew it was coming. Well at least we won't have a boring summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here