Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't deserve that at all

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
As I posted elsewhere. There was no need to send a text when B&B knew he was on BBC 3. Chronic misjudgement and one that seriously undermines the credibility of the the club and also saddens me immensely. Termination of contract should always be on a one on one conversation basis.

For those Albion supporters who think it OK to sack Gus that way, just think of how you would react if the Sarf Lundin Scum did their business that way!

Thanks Gus for all you have done for this club, all the best for the future.

TNBA

TTF

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's what I've always thought. Wrong words, ill-timed, but said in the heat of the moment. I just shrugged it off really. It hardly undermined everything he had achieved at the club in 3 1/2 years.

Of course it doesn't undermine the MASSIVE amount he did for the club. You'd only think it did if you we're a f***ing SPANNER. Unfortunately we seem to have plenty.

That's what I've always thought. Wrong words, ill-timed, but said in the heat of the moment. I just shrugged it off really. It hardly undermined everything he had achieved at the club in 3 1/2 years.

What's with all this last 3 and a half years pony,
Do you think Les Dennis was thinking about all the lovely cups of tea Amanda Holden had made in the past when she was blowing Neil Morriseys fleshy flute?
No,of course He wasn't .

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I know Albion fans have a hard time considering the possibility that Gus has been badly treated by the board - but this disgraceful treatment of Gus live on TV underlines this possibility.

I don't think it would be fair to sack anyone live on TV, but even more so because its someone who has done so much for the club.
But you are believing everything Poyets tells you. Do you really think his representatives did not know. In law can the club even make the decision public, without informing the lawyers of the accused first?

Did Poyet have to discuss it?

If such a huge decision was imminent, would you question whether Poyet was right to go on TV?

Do you know that the club never called him and his lawyers in to deliever the verdict in person, but he refused and went on TV instead?

How can you criticise the board without knowing the days events?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I know Albion fans have a hard time considering the possibility that Gus has been badly treated by the board - but this disgraceful treatment of Gus live on TV underlines this possibility.

I don't think it would be fair to sack anyone live on TV, but even more so because its someone who has done so much for the club.

So do you know the exact time GUS was informed ?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
As I posted elsewhere. There was no need to send a text when B&B knew he was on BBC 3. Chronic misjudgement and one that seriously undermines the credibility of the the club and also saddens me immensely. Termination of contract should always be on a one on one conversation basis.
How do you know it wasn't??

How do you know the club never called him in and he refused and went on TV instead??

phazza

Aug 17, 2012

For those Albion supporters who think it OK to sack Gus that way, just think of how you would react if the Sarf Lundin Scum did their business that way!

Thanks Gus for all you have done for this club, all the best for the future.

TNBA

TTF

i love gus and personally wanted him to stay. but, do you really think he was sacked on tv. i don't think so!!

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Someone at the club needs sacking, the press are jumping on this and making us look pathetic. Whoever thinks it was great timing is a complete tool.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
But you are believing everything Poyets tells you. Do you really think his representatives did not know. In law can the club even make the decision public, without informing the lawyers of the accused first?

If such a huge decision was imminent, would you question whether Poyet was right to go on TV?

Do you know that the club never called him and his lawyers in to deliever the verdict in person, but he refused and went on TV instead?

too many gullible gus apologists on this board. i support the club. gus is just spinning this.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

and i meant to say ....this

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
He wasn't informed at all. He wouldn't lie about "receiving no calls, no texts, no messages, no anything" live on TV when the club could prove in court that he did.

We got the news before him - and he heard from the BBC.
And it's never crossed you're mind, that is the exact reason why the club announced it when they did?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
He wasn't informed at all. He wouldn't lie about "receiving no calls, no texts, no messages, no anything" live on TV when the club could prove in court that he did.

We got the news before him - and he heard from the BBC.

There is no reasoning with you fella! I would think that in days to come you may find out that Poyet did know before hand (he will say his people knew but he didn't) and the reasons for his sacking. Personally Gus did great for us but he has obviously done some stupid things behind the scenes and I am glad this decision has now been made and we can move on. I wouldn't believe a word Gus said tonight on TV and await the actual truth to come out!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Hardly a disgrace. For all the good work he's done for us I don't think sacking him in this way is the best way to go about it. Makes us look like unprofessional employers, decent replacements may think twice and what player would want to come and play for what will be a circus this summer?

So you must know exactly what went on behind the scenes then.

Fill us in please as a lot of us don't know.

be very strange for a FC to go down this path if everything was going well wouldn't you say?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here