Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you vote LibDem?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Well,now that loser Gordon has left the floor,and loser Cameron is still desperately upping his bids to become PM,did you vote for an increasingly squalid looking loser Nick who is busy at political doors selling the clothes pegs of LibDem votes ?

It's the last time I bid for the Illiberals,whatever the outcome. Really,as a member of the Seagulls Party I should have known,eh ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm no Lib Dem voter because of the obvious but I fail to see what Clegg has done wrong here ? He's talking to both parties and trying to get as many of his parties policies enacted.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well,now that loser Gordon has left the floor,and loser Cameron is still desperately upping his bids to become PM,did you vote for an increasingly squalid looking loser Nick who is busy at political doors selling the clothes pegs of LibDem votes ?

It's the last time I bid for the Illiberals,whatever the outcome. Really,as a member of the Seagulls Party I should have known,eh ?
I didn't but I think your right, I think Nick Clegg has discredited not only himself, but the party he belongs too!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
No, neither did I vote Labour. What's more I CERTAINLY didn't vote for a combination of the two and hence I will be extremely peeved if that is the unelected combo that comes to power in this country.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
It appears that two significant parts of the Lib-Dem vote were an anti-Tory vote in some areas and an anti-Brown vote in others. If this is true, it would put Nick Clegg in an impossible position if he either, supports a Tory led government, or keeps Brown in power until September he will lose a significant part of his public support.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It appears that two significant parts of the Lib-Dem vote were an anti-Tory vote in some areas and an anti-Brown vote in others. If this is true, it would put Nick Clegg in an impossible position if he either, supports a Tory led government, or keeps Brown in power until September he will lose a significant part of his public support.

Someone (I think Lord Steele) was on the radio yesterday and said that 45% of their support regarded themselves as centre left... (no idea where the stats came from), which begs the question, what where the remaining 55%?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I voted LibDem, and fully understand their position. Really, they need to ensure the voting system is adjusted so that it is FAIR, they'll get slaughtered wherever they turn, then they can repair the damage as a party over a ten year period steadily building their support.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Although Clegg is now kingmaker, he is in a very difficult position. I actually think all of this could work out very badly for Clegg and the LibDems.

If they are seen to prop up Labour, and another unelected PM (yes I know we elect the Party not the PM, but tell that to the Public after the TV debates) then that will make them deeply unpopular in the Country, a LibDem/Labour Coalition won't last, it relies on too many others to make it work.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Voted LibDem instead of Labour this time round, looks liek it'll be the same outcome anyway!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I would have voted lib dem if I had been able to vote.

I don't understand the 'bad for libdems' meme. It may turn out that way if they f*** it up, but I don't vote for the libdems in the hope that they will be an eternal pointless opposition, I vote for them in the hope they get some power.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Nope. Mainly because their policy on immigration is quite worrying (almost as bad as Cameron's cap...but that's another debate!)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think Clegg wanted to do a deal with Cameron, the Liberals want to do a deal with Labour. note very deliberate personality/party difference there.

anyway, this will act as a lesson to all what will happen in a PR system, so good will come of it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cameron is getting edgy now.. he may have blown his chance ! now that would be a tragedy wouldn't it ? :laugh:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i think Clegg wanted to do a deal with Cameron, the Liberals want to do a deal with Labour. note very deliberate personality/party difference there.

anyway, this will act as a lesson to all what will happen in a PR system, so good will come of it.
Couldn't agree more, as it should spell the end of overall Tory majorities. :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No no and no. Those that did are responsible for the ensuing chaos that we are now witnessing. Well done. If 100% of people had voted Conservative then we would have a very strong government dealing with the serious economic problems we have, instead of watching clown Clegg virtually shit himself in making the first (and probably only) major decision he has ever had to make.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's actually funny that some people are outraged Clegg's TALKING TO BOTH SIDES. Why WOULDN'T he talk to a party that is ideologically close to his own about forming a government?

This is some sort of political dreamland for both Lib Dem voters and many Labour voters who must have thought Gordon Brown had done enough damage to f*** things up for them for at least the next decade.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
,and loser Cameron

Would that be the loser whos party garnered more of our votes than anyone else?

BTW, I didn't vote Conservative, but the bollocks being talked about who won, who didn't, who's a loser, really is pathetic. The Tories had the most votes, Labour second and LD third, so it is CRYSTAL CLEAR to see who won. It's our ridiculous voting system that has left us in this mess, PR or AV would have made it a simple Conservative victory by all accounts, and frankly I reckon we would never have a Labour government again under those rules.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
No no and no. Those that did are responsible for the ensuing chaos that we are now witnessing. Well done. If 100% of people had voted Conservative then we would have a very strong government dealing with the serious economic problems we have, instead of watching clown Clegg virtually shit himself in making the first (and probably only) major decision he has ever had to make.

I think NickClegg is now a prime candidate for the UN.

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk............................do very little.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

:facepalm:
f*** me sidways gentle with a pool queue

I just love the way it's the LibDem's fault, and why it's also the fault of some 60% of electorate for not voting Conservative. Blame Cameron who couldn't get a majority win over one of the worst/unliked/useless PM's we have had in a 100 years.
Clegg is doing exactly what he should be doing. He's asking the question, can I deal with either of these parties so that a stable government can be formed. If he can't we go back to the poles, where he knows that the LibDems will get stuffed as people will polarise around Tory or labour.

To be fair to all the parties, they know just how important this is and don't want to screw it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here