Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you vote LibDem?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No no and no. Those that did are responsible for the ensuing chaos that we are now witnessing. Well done. If 100% of people had voted Conservative then we would have a very strong government dealing with the serious economic problems we have, instead of watching clown Clegg virtually shit himself in making the first (and probably only) major decision he has ever had to make.
Too funny. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Would that be the loser whos party garnered more of our votes than anyone else?

BTW, I didn't vote Conservative, but the bollocks being talked about who won, who didn't, who's a loser, really is pathetic. The Tories had the most votes, Labour second and LD third, so it is CRYSTAL CLEAR to see who won. It's our ridiculous voting system that has left us in this mess, PR or AV would have made it a simple Conservative victory by all accounts, and frankly I reckon we would never have a Labour government again under those rules.

We have a first past the post system.Nobody reached the post.Nobody won on their own.Clearly the Tories had most votes and most seats,but clearly not enough.Our ridiculous voting system has served us reasonably well in most instances.Gordon Brown is not the only PM who wasn't "elected".David Cameron's party had a huge lead in the polls which should have led to a "stable and strong "government,but he contrived to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in a campaign which many of his own party felt was poorly thought through.

However,my question really was about the LibDems running an eBay type auction in a squalid way.Members of the Tory party have been voicing "anger" at this double dealing.

My view,and I only had one vote,is that the Tories should form a minority government,get as far as they can with their programme,and tell the LibDems to return PR to whence it came _ a place whither the sun ventures not.Then ,sooner rather than later ,there will be another general election on first past the post,where I would anticipate a straight fight between Labour and the Conservatives which would make us all forget hung parliaments,in which the winner would be...............everyone to choose.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
On the Today programme Osborne pretty much ruled out trying to go it alone.

I wonder if he changes his mind once Labour and the LibDems confirm they have a deal?

Yabba Dabba Do

Oct 31, 2009
sunny seaFORD
Whoever you voted for you really should consider joining the Purple Revolution (Proportional Representation is NOT just a LibDem thing you know).

This country deserves political and electoral reform - what we witnessed last week was an absolute disgrace. The support for reform is swelling - you may have seen coverage of the purple demo on Saturday and again yesterday and there is going to be another big purple demo in London on Saturday. If you dont believe me keep an eye open for all those guys and their purple ties and other purple gear.

Take a look at the Power2010 and Take Back Parliament websites for more info. Gives the colour purple a whole new meaning - it makes sense to join the revolution !

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Whoever you voted for you really should consider joining the Purple Revolution (Proportional Representation is NOT just a LibDem thing you know).

This country deserves political and electoral reform - what we witnessed last week was an absolute disgrace. The support for reform is swelling - you may have seen coverage of the purple demo on Saturday and again yesterday and there is going to be another big purple demo in London on Saturday. If you dont believe me keep an eye open for all those guys and their purple ties and other purple gear.

Take a look at the Power2010 and Take Back Parliament websites for more info. Gives the colour purple a whole new meaning - it makes sense to join the revolution !

Damn.I thought they were filming the new Ribena advert.

Lush

Mods' Pet

Yep. Take a look at Billy Bragg's Facebook page too.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

How come you think that? Neither of the 2 major parties campaigned in the election for any material change to the FPTP voting system and they secured 562 seats in Parliament and 65% of the vote.

The one party that did campaign for electoral reform got 57 seats and 23% of the vote.

Seems like the people spoke and they didn't agree with Nick on that one.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
As I'm in Hove, I didn't think New bleedin' Labour had a prayer this time - so I voted LibDem in a bid to keep the Tories out.

That went well then. :dunce:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The one party that did campaign for electoral reform got 57 seats and 23% of the vote.

Seems like the people spoke and they didn't agree with Nick on that one.
Of course they did. That's the whole point. People feel the need to vote tactically rather than vote for what they believe in.

In about 600 constuencies, if you support UKIP, Greens, BNP or one (or more) of the 3 main parties, your vote doesn't have any relevance.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Peculiar how people interpret the same event differently, I think Clegg has largely played a blinder and any bleating that he`s touting himself around is ridiculous, as if any of the other parties wouldnt have done the same, given the same situation, if you believe they wouldnt you`re more stupid than i thought.

Its not up to clegg anyway, its up to his MPS, its them that apparently didnt like the tory offer which is why he was forced to talk to labour. I rather think Clegg wanted to join up with the tories but he doesnt get to solely make that decision. Now labour look to be waivering on a deal, he may have to tell his mps theyve got no choice but to take the tories offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here