Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you see the flag go up BEFORE the ball went in?

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Luckily when the ball rebounded off Henderson, I knew the ball was going to be smashed into the net so I immediately looked up at the linesman and saw the flag go up just before they 'scored'.

So I was spared the complete distress that so many fellow Albion fans suffered for those few horrific moments.

When did YOU realise it was disallowed?

:albion:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Same as you, it seemed like slow motion but I saw the flag as it went up and just panicked if the referee would still allow it.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yup, saw it out of the corner of my eye and immediatly turned to the Palace fans and gave it 'the biggun'. Lovely stuff.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
y2dave said:
Same as you, it seemed like slow motion but I saw the flag as it went up and just panicked if the referee would still allow it.

Likewise, my only panic was that it was for a foul by one of our players that I hadn't seen and he was trying to give a penalty.

I remained calm, though, and just started laughing at the Palace faithful behind the goal as they slowly realised what had happened. Priceless moment.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I just started laughing when they all went mental for a few seconds before they realised that we were going more mental.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Yep - I was bang opposite the linesman, and knew it was off before the ball hit the back of the net - the Palace lot behind the goal weren't so quick!!

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Yup saw it go up early, so was busy shouting "IT'S f***ing OFFSIDE, LOOK AT THE LINO THE FLAG'S UP" whilst waving two fingers over at the Palace fans.

Ahhh... marvellous scenes they were. :)

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I jumped 3 feet into the air...slowly moved my eyes to the left as i saw this horrific yellow thing flying in the air...and noticed the poxy Lino had his flag up...patted my best mate on the shoulder as he was facing you lot giving it the 'biggun' and said quitely "oi mate...it's offside"

I was nearly sick. :nono:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I thought I heard the ref's whistle go before the rebound was struck home too, the only thing I was worried about was that the ref was going to change his mind!!

I keep on hearing from Palace fans (including friends of mine) that they think that we're more into the rivalry thing than them but I think their reaction to the "goal", and some of the comments I heard walking back to Selhurst Station after the game prove otherwise.

That really was the icing on the cake!

:lolol:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Luckly I notices almost straight away.

It really was the iceing on the cake.

If you watch the hightlights look at Harty's reaction. At first he looks utterly gutted before he noticed and starts taking the piss of the fans behind the goal. :clap2:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
saw the flag before the shot was hit thank f***!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here