Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you see the flag go up BEFORE the ball went in?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Saw him hit it, saw it hit the net, looked straight to the lino, and went straight into psycho mode giving it large. Took my two mates a good few seconds to realise it had been ruled out.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On the radio it sounded if they we not sure it was a goal, but after the tremendous roar, I thought the referee might allow it. Despairing moment.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good thread. My exact actions were as follows. Saw the shot come in, parried out by Henderson, and realised Morrison was getting there first.

Immediately glanced over at the far side, saw the flag, looked back to see him burying it, knew it was offside, then straight away looked at the Palace in the corner going mental and giving it large in full knowledge that they were about to get a very nasty shock. Very, very sweet.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
felt like an hour before i realised, but must have only been a cuple of seconds, started to shout abuse back at the poalace boys i know, until my mate jus shouted : DAVE!!! LOOK OVER THERE and just like in hollywood i slowly lukd over and saw the love of my life, waving at me with a little yellow flag... then went just about as mental as i did when we scored

Last edited:

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Tooting Gull said:
Good thread. My exact actions were as follows. Saw the shot come in, parried out by Henderson, and realised Morrison was getting there first.

Immediately glanced over at the far side, saw the flag, looked back to see him burying it, knew it was offside, then straight away looked at the Palace in the corner going mental and giving it large in full knowledge that they were about to get a very nasty shock. Very, very sweet.

Ditto :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I noticed it before it went in and knew hewas off anyway. It was funny how Clinton Morrison and the fans didnt notice though. morrison was celebrating in front of the lino and still didnt notice:lolol: :lolol:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Had he not run straight to the line and started argueing, but turned around and headed to the centre spot he might have got away with it. So many times those flags get missed.

But running straight to the flag ensured it was going to be called. Well done Palarse! Love it!

Vicar

Unfortunately I suffered for a good few seconds as I sat down when I saw the ball go in to hide myself as I was right next to the Palace fans and was giving it the biggun to them for the entire game :lolol: And couldn't bear for them to see me! Luckily I got up just in time to see their faces change from delirious glee to the look on someone's face if someone farted at a funeral in 0.000001 of a second :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was gutted for a good 30 seconds until I saw our fans giving it large. I couldn't see the linesman because of the big stanchion in front of me. :jester:
I moved along the row and saw the linesman's flag still up and then started going mental realising we only had seconds left in the game to hold on.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
From my angle i could see the ball and the lino's flag at the same time, so as soon as i saw the flag up i just started celebrating like we'd scored again!:lolol:

Stumpy

Sep 24, 2005
Brighton
Saw it straight away! (looked up!)

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Nope! had my head in my hands, then heard cheers from around me- biggest sigh of relief in a good long while.

All hail the lino! :clap2:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Henderson saved the ball ran out Morrisson put it in, was gutted, dejected, looked at the linesman in desperation and saw the golden ticket being waved beautifully. Then gave it large to the scum to the left. They were slow to notice weren't they. Then had a double shock as my mate tried to claim the ref was going to give it

. Double heart failure as for a moment I was in doubt. But overall a beautiful moment, so so beautiful. Especially when you see how crazy and excited they got when they thought they'd scored. Fab fab fab :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I saw it before Morrison put the ball in, so in fact I began cheering when they 'scored' safe in the knowledge the Palarse were about to get a nasty shock :clap2:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was one of the fortunate ones who saw the flag go up!

I was screaming "YES, HE'S OFF!" as the shot went in!

Thank God we didn't have Prosser!

Last edited:

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
it went in and i thought f*** sake stared at the ground heard cheering looked up and went mental:clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I saw the goal, and, praying that it would be disallowed, i looked at the linesman - and then realised that it wasnt in, and celebrated as if we'd scored again!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here