Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you HONESTLY expect Brighton to finish in the top ten?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes I expected to be in at least the play offs why? Because Mr Control freak said that we were going for promotion this season and I believed him.

As regards Murray get off of his back he will score goals in abundance next season and help Forster score many unless the 'coaching ' ruin him. Who was the laziest player ever to wear a pair of football boots a certain Jimmy Greaves who played for about 10 mins per game and watched the rest of it from the centre circle but what a goalscoring record.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
1-we can still get the playoffs. win tuesday, leeds lose and it looks close again

2-regarding murray, some people have NO CLUE...and i suspect have never played football.

they were moaning when he didnt chase a ball down that he woyld NEVER have got to. whats the point of wasting energy when the guy is going to just hoof it towards our goal anyway? its not a lack of effort, its using his brain.

it was only because we were losing that people were getting agro with him, i would much rather he saved the effort for a run through on goal really.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
i thought we would be good for a play off challenge which is why i put money on it at the beginning of the season, we have come bloody close and its still not over other teams could drop points and who knows yesterday may do the players some good in getting the fight back.

Also on another point why has Murray become the latest NSC hate figure (all be it from a vocal minority on here)? He will get at least 20 goals next season + 10 assists. I really don't care how lazy he is as long as he scores goals. People had a go at Revell for running around and not scoring and now we get someone who puts the ball in the net without running here there and everywhere and people are still moaning

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Also on another point why has Murray become the latest NSC hate figure (all be it from a vocal minority on here)?

because Robinson isn't starting, so they can't whinge about his lack of tackling prowess, and Adam El Abd and Kerry Mayo have proved them wrong too.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just gets a bit frustrating when a place in the play-offs for this crappiest of leagues is there for the taking and the club f*** up as badly as they did yesterday. While we probably don't deserve to go up on merit this season, participation in the play-offs would have generated all sorts of financial windfalls.

The side's in a much healthier position than it was pre-January, and if we don't go up next season (having strengthened the midfield, preferably with the addition of Port Vale's no 14 Whitaker) then that would be a failure IMHO.

As for Murray, reckon he'll never become that much of a fans favourite, no matter how much class he allegedly oozes. A definite imprevement on Revell and Elder and Gatting and the likes for sure, but he just lacks that certain spark. BHAFC fans demand MORE from their heroes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hoped we would make the play-offs but I always felt we needed a bit of luck as the current team and squad is a little weak in certain areas. I feel we will now end up were we are currently positioned.

If we sign Richards, sign an experienced centre-half to run the back line, an stock up on some midfielders we will do well next season.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I said 10th at the start of the season, and I'm sticking to it.

Next season, I expect to see a similar improvement on this season, as we have had on this season compared to last. Should that be the case, we will be around play-offs or better all season.

The players will be that bit more experienced, and hopefully eradicating some of the silly mistakes we still seem prone to. We also seem to be attracting some decent players on loan, where previously we weren't. We have bought quite well this season, and hopefully if the board can back the manager again this summer, we could get - please - a decent central midfield pairing.

Consistency from the players, I feel, is the key.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Before the season and then again when we were struggling earlier on this term?

No?

Then stop RUDDY moaning.

We have been on a great run, got some good results, and are within four points of the play offs with five games left.

I think MOST fans would have taken that pre-season.

Good fight you were having after the game....those blokes were morons.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Christ.

Wilkins is still building.

It took Adams a full season and a lot of players to get it right.

Next year is the year for a better push.

Murray and Forster COULD become one of the best strike pairing in the league and if Richards stays you have a very good base.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can see us getting into the play-offs next season with pretty much the same team as we've got now. This team were in the play-off places and had their fate in their own hands, but we appear to have blown it.

For me the damage was done at Christmas, with too many lost points when Savage, O'Callaghan, Richards and Hammond left and the ship was cut adrift.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nice little swipe at the chairman there.

It wasnt me who said at the fans forum that we were going for promotion this season as opposed to last season expecting mid table mediocrity. I believed what he said and was really hopeful of promotion and despite the bringing in of better players and letting the weaker ones go around Christmas time, I will be dissappointed to not be in the final run in for promotion.

So not a swipe at him unless you consider 'the control freak' to be a swipe but that is an opinion shared by the majority not just me, rightly or wrongly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Season isnt over we could still get promoted.

Anyway after last season mid table is fine.

Bad day at the office yesterday (I wasnt at Yeovil) but it was like we "performed" at Millwall.

Also the 11 that wilkins put out in my opinion was probably our strongest 11 (injuries permitting) so therefore I blame THE PLAYERS they f***ed up.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The season isn't over yet, I never expected anything more than mid-table this season, so a top ten finish would be very nice, and a late charge into the play-offs would be a very unexpected bonus.

Yesterday was no way near as embarrassing as Mansfield btw.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Start of season - Probably not.
Pre-Christmas - Yes.
New Year - No
Mid-March - Yes
April 6th - No.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Back in August, I thought 'ninth, on GD, in the middle of a scrum".

And so it yet may be.

There's an enormous broad band of football, roughly north of poor Wrexham, and south of the parachutistas at the top of the Championship, where there's so little difference between teams that one's exact place is as much due to dumb luck -- a dead leg here, a shot off the post there -- as anything.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the issue with Murray is one that is the perennial argument about strikers.

He gives the impression ( I am not saying its right or wrong but that is what he does) of giving up on lost causes very quickly, however look at PV's centre forward yesterday...he played like his life depended on it....

In fact, looking at it dispassionately, PV were up for the game and wanted it more than we did, which is very odd seeing as I would have thought our players would have wanted to get into he playoffs with all their hearts, especially as they put 150% effort in at Leeds and Forest

maybe not

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I don't understand how you can't look past this!

I've said it before, it doesn't MATTER what you thought back then. Many expected Arsenal, whoI personally hate, to get 4th or 5th this season but tehy were top and up there. Then they through it away, and in my opinion just because it wasn't expected that they'd win it doesn't make it any better.

Fact is, on the 5th of April we were up there, 8th ish I believe with a winable game and a chance of play offs. That chance has rapidly decreased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here