Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we save ourselves with the win over Derby?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure the Derby game saved our season, I wonder if they feel it was the beginning of the end for their auto hopes. They should have won that game at a canter

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As has been pointed out, it was a different scenario. If Rotherham had lost, it would be just a fine, but because they gained an unfair advantage, then that advantage needs to be deducted. The player was on the pitch for the whole game, and was instrumental in blocking a goal bound shot from us.

I have to disagree about it being an unfair advantage. If we can't get a couple of points in our next three games and need Rotherham to get points deducted to save us it would be an embarrassing way to save our season.

If we do go down we deserve to, and it would probably be easier to rebuild a winning team from league 1, so I would take a blessing in disguise and get on with it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
West Ham, Shefield United, Tevez, hefty fine.

I believe Rotherham overlooked that his loan spell had ended. If they had been on the ball he wouldn't have played. I don't believe they were trying to cheat the system.

So what? They broke the rules. Ignorance is not a valid excuse.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have to disagree about it being an unfair advantage. If we can't get a couple of points in our next three games and need Rotherham to get points deducted to save us it would be an embarrassing way to save our season.

If we do go down we deserve to, and it would probably be easier to rebuild a winning team from league 1, so I would take a blessing in disguise and get on with it.

If he hadn't played would they have won without him? The way we're playing makes it almost a rhetorical question but we'll never know. They fecked up and if that is what keeps us up-so be it. Maybe that scenario will wake up the people running our club-something needs to.

Nothing to be embarrassed about/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We will have to see how it pans out, but as far as I am concerned they can keep them.

Worring about it is even more worrying.

Forgive me, but it doesn't matter what you think, but the Football League following it's own rules.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we had made the same mistake you would be moaning about how unfair it was. In this instance you are moaning about how right it would be.

I wouldn't moan about the punishment, as I recall what happened to Hartlepool 4 years ago against us. I would moan at the club for being so stupid.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If we had made the same mistake you would be moaning about how unfair it was. In this instance you are moaning about how right it would be.

Why are you so concerned about Rotherham and a possible points deduction? Seriously. OK, the moral high ground is yours but that doesn't detract from the fact that they fielded an illegible player, against us, their relegation rivals and he may have helped them to a win they might not have got without him.

Principles are great-except if it means we get relegated. feck 'em, deduct the points.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Right now I would take anything as long as we stay in the Champ and you know what?

Bloom and Barber would too after the utter ****ing car crash this season has been.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If it doesn't matter what I think, then why does it matter to you? Until they have been deducted the points, they haven't been deducted any.

Not that it matters but I would rather Millwall got relegated.

It doesn't matter to me, but you're the one who is saying that the Football League should break their own rules, because you don't want us to stay up on a matter of principle.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why are you so concerned about Rotherham and a possible points deduction? Seriously. OK, the moral high ground is yours but that doesn't detract from the fact that they fielded an illegible player, against us, their relegation rivals and he may have helped them to a win they might not have got without him.

Principles are great-except if it means we get relegated. feck 'em, deduct the points.

Someone's got to take the moral highground on a chat forum :shrug:

The thing is I am not the one concerned about the possible points deduction, far from it. I can understand Millwall making a fuss, but not us.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I wouldn't moan about the punishment, as I recall what happened to Hartlepool 4 years ago against us. I would moan at the club for being so stupid.

I was responding to, and directing my comment at BW, not you.

It doesn't matter to me, but you're the one who is saying that the Football League should break their own rules, because you don't want us to stay up on a matter of principle.

I did not say that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
that is a decent emotional hedge...Worth a cheeky tenner but i actually think either watford or boro might be so nervous they trip over us in last 2 games.
If Midds don't win tonight, they'll probably have no realistic chance of top 2 when the play us and will be preparing for a play off 5-6 days later.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I hope we save ourselves with a win at Wigan. That does require a goal which may be tricky!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There was nothing too bad about getting a point v Hudds either assuming we stay up...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here