Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Vicente pull up whilst running up and down the line today?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
My mate who was right behind the dug-out said he thought Vicente refused to come on......possibly thought his thigh was still a little tight and not worth risking himself given we were 3 up!

Well your mates just looking for theories to have a snipe at vicente! I could quite clearly see from being next to the dug out that he was stripping off like a lunatic, dying to get on, until greers red!
Quite categorically, your mates not seen what he thinks he's seen!

D

Deleted member 22389

Vicente against Wrexham, and I can't bloody wait.

That would be brilliant. Vicente is worth the entry fee alone, if he gets a game. This would be the perfect match for him. From what I have seen of him so far he has been brilliant. Tricky the ball sticks to his feet.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I sit right where the subs warm up and saw no such thing. He looked like he wanted to get on, to me.

Nice to see that he's at least back in contention. That hat he had on, though - I may be sartorially inexpert myself but even I can confidently pronounce that he was very, very badly advised by whoever thought that looked OK. Either that or some 'joker' had switched it with a tea cosy.

Personally, I think Wrexham is not the game for him at all - I don't mean any disrespect to a side many of us have a lot of time for after our support for their struggle, but a non-league side may well take a much more physical approach to his qualities. I'd be looking to use him in the next league game if he's fit, not risking further injury in the cup.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Nope, your friend is telling you bollocks. He warmed up right in front of us and seemed pretty ready to come on when we were drawing and at 1-0. Even took off his gloves to help with his stretching. But there was no need for him when we added the 2nd and 3rd and he went back and sat down.

Finger stretching? :lolol:

Seriously though I am delighted to see him on the bench and looking like he might play soon. I am liking the thought of him playing just in front of LB and JFC in a similar shape to yesterday.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Why would Poyet risk an unfit Vicente with Rodgers, Kasim and Adgestein all desperate for first team action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here