Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Vicente pull up whilst running up and down the line today?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Greers played very well this season so maybe we can forgive him his apparent act of lunacy

Not the 1st time he has seen the red mist though is it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I' m not denying tht ..but I'll stick to my point tht he's been a top performer this year

But 4 red cards in 18 months in not good and blots his copy book. There is just no excuse for a seasoned pro, and captain, to thump someone.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
My mate who was right behind the dug-out said he thought Vicente refused to come on......possibly thought his thigh was still a little tight and not worth risking himself given we were 3 up!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But 4 red cards in 18 months in not good and blots his copy book. There is just no excuse for a seasoned pro, and captain, to thump someone.

Yep, amazingly I agree entirely with that, very poor disciplinary record

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep, amazingly I agree entirely with that, very poor disciplinary record

I think what disappointed me most is our players are under a disciplinary spotlight and should be guarding themselves against such incidents.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think what disappointed me most is our players are under a disciplinary spotlight and should be guarding themselves against such incidents.

There was no reason to do it and as soon as he did he knew it would be red.

Christ sake we were 3-0 up, I would hope he is at least fined internally for doing such a stupid thing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My mate who was right behind the dug-out said he thought Vicente refused to come on......possibly thought his thigh was still a little tight and not worth risking himself given we were 3 up!

I don't believe this one bit. Gus would have gone mental if this happened, and not consoled him with a pat on the back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
R u 2in lov or something..mutual appreciation society :)

Hardly, did you go on NSC a couple of days ago? Me and BH disagree on some key issues but that does not stop me agreeing with him when he is occasionally right about something :)

It is the season of goodwill after all.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bit strange that one of the best left wingers in Europe (albeit a few years ago) did not replace Lualua when he was subbed!!

From a source within the club: He wasn't fit and essentially making up the numbers.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think Greers played very well this season so maybe we can forgive him his apparent act of lunacy

Yes of course, if it was the first time he's done it. But he's got previous and thats unacceptable for a club captain. He should have the intelligence not to get invovled IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here