Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Murray celebrate his goals?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No he didnt. Im not complaining about his dive as he did it for us plenty of times. Im more concerned about the "giving the ball away which led up to the dive"

No give ball away means no dive. SIMPLE

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have nothing but respect for someone who doesn't celebrate for scoring against his old team. He does what he's there to do, but no need to rub it in. He has missed a couple of pens but also scored them for his 2 hat-tricks this season. A few teams change penalty takers If they get more than 1 and we've taken that on now that we get so many.

Is that on the advice of your new coach? I must say young Tom is working wonders for you, well done.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Is that on the advice of your new coach? I must say young Tom is working wonders for you, well done.

It's ok mate I know you're hurting. Maybe you should get a goalkeeping coach who can tell your lad 'if you dive in you'd better get the ball or you're asking for trouble' or maybe even a defensive coach to help you brush up on the tricky to master 'don't pass the ball to the divisions best striker inside our penalty area' which would also help.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our defence is the best in the division when all there but the red card, which was justified, changed all of that. No need to tell the majority of supporters about Dunks reckless tackles as we have seen it many times and I am only surprised that it has happened sooner.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What after diving to win a penalty?

Well it depends on the definition of a dive really. There was contact, he went down. I just wish our players were better at doing that.

Thought he looked a class above yesterday.

Also, what was Greer thinking for the 2nd penalty?!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not really. To be honest, it was more infuriating that he didn't. I want to hate his guts with everything inside me (my guts). But he actually seems like a decent footballer/man. We f***ed up not keeping him.

Given the obvious problem we have with missed chances,I have to agree. He showed class both in the way he scored (great header) and his reaction to scoring.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Reason he didn't take the second pen is he's missed some. Holloway said that he had a stomach bug in the morning which is why he was taken off. Personally I'd have liked to see him celebrate but his celebration is just standing there with his hands on his hips so its not really a big deal anyway.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Quite a few clubs are now changing penalty takers if they get a second pen. Man City and Man Utd have done it this season as well as Palace. I guess it gives the penalty taker less to think about. You don't start second guessing yourself deciding whether to put it in the same place or try and go the other way to fool the keeper. Wise move if you ask me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to the boy, conducted himself with dignity and appeared to play down any goal celebrations. Never 'did a Hammond' on us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here