Votes: 117 77.5%
  • No it was filmed in a syudio

Votes: 34 22.5%

• Total voters

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Does anyone remember how many YEARS after the moon landings the first suggestion that it was all faked was made?
Actually I DO remember now. It was actually before the landings took place when they first published those pictures of the earth taken from space. The Flat Earth Society claimed they were fake.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If I were from the generation born after the Apollo missions I think I'd be FAR more likely to believe that Harold Wilson faked England's 1966 World Cup win to boost the fledgling Labour Government. After all if we had really won the World Cup in 1966 we'd have at least come close to winning it again wouldn't we?

No, far too difficult to fake it twice, people would have suspected.

:wink:

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Theres no wind in space, the flag was blowing?

A flag cannot flap in a vacuum.
BUSTED
The Build Team placed a replica of the American flag planted on the moon into a vacuum chamber at the Marshall Space Flight Center. They first tested at normal pressure and manipulated the flag. The momentum moved the flag around but the motion quickly dissipated. In vacuum conditions, manipulating the flag caused it to flap vigorously as if it were being blown by a breeze. This demonstrated that a flag could appear to wave in a vacuum, as the Apollo flag did.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
anyone who believes we didnt is a loon.

evidence for: moon rock, buggy tracks, laser reflecter dish. oh, and hundreds if not thousands of witnesses.

evidence against: some questions about photos or "facts" about space all of which have been disproved.

Ah, bless.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that the people who believe the moon landings were faked are the same as those nutters that believe that the 911 attacks were co-ordinated by the US government in order to give an excuse to have another pop at Iraq and the Afgan regime at the time.

It astounds me that people like to believe this sort of crap, do they really think that with all the manpower required to co-ordinate such an elaborate hoax and disaster, that not one person would blow the whistle given all the lives that were lost on that day?!!

And by the way, we only have one sun, so shadows can't...er, go in two directions!!!
Unless you have studio lights of course.

But they wouldn't do that, would they :lolol:

:wave:

One of the NASA photos is fake because the shadows of the rocks and lunar lander are not parallel.

busted

The Mythbusters built a small-scale replica of the lunar landing site based on the photograph, using reflective sand similar to that found on the Moon, and a single light to represent the Sun. Next, they took a photo which was exactly the same as the NASA photo, including the differing shadows. The Mythbusters explained that the shadows were not parallel because of the way the light falls on the Moon’s natural topography.

As many others have pointed out, the Russians or the Chinese would have outed it immediately if they had any evidence it wasn't real.

There is a great comment on that website as well.

Rowdy Blokland says:
Geezz.
The ENTIRE Mythbusters series MUST have been set up and sponsored by NASA from the beginning, just to let this episode ‘sneak in’!!!

It’s alss so chrystal clear to me, all of a sudden.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
And by the way, we only have one sun, so shadows can't...er, go in two directions!!!

Of course they can. A bright light - e.g. the sun - hitting a reflective surface - the lunar lander, the surface of the moon, etc.. - will cause some of the light to be reflected back in another direction, causing shadows in two directions.

I can recreate this effect in my back garden on any sunny day when the sun hits my living room window...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"Si vous le crois, ils met un homme sur la lune, homme sur la lune"

Michael Stipe wasn't wrong pop pickers!!! :drool:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It is the best conspiracy theory out there and it would be brilliant if it were true. However the vast weight of evidence supports the moon landings being true. 1 point - I dont think there yet exists any telescope on earth that is able to see the flag or any other evidence.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You have to bear in mind where most of these conspiracy theories arise from, the same place where a significant portion of people doubt evolution despite overwhelming evidence from the fossil record, and think that the Earth is only a few thousand years old despite the fact that it demonstrably isn't.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, of course not, all faked!
But HOW though? Forget the pictures, let's assume that for whatever reason all the pictures taken on the moon didn't come out (the chemist lost NASA's film or something) and therefore to save face they faked them all in a studio - and then killed everybody involved so no one would ever spill the beans.

How did they fake everything else? Especially the radio and TV signals being broadcast back to Houston from the module and the lander? And why do it again a further five times? (Thank you Trufflehound)

I am genuinely interested as I think that would be a FAR bigger story than blasting three men into space bolted onto the nose of a glorified old German V2 rocket.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
THEY are all in it together. There are things going on that THEY wont admit to. Like my neighbour up the road who once told me that HE had been abducted by aliens after a night drinking scrumpy in the WEST COUNTRY and was laughed at when he reported it to the AUTHORITIES.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ah, bless.

so are you going to present the case for no moon landing?

the shadows thing has already been put to bed above. there is a great website where all the camera issues are explained, with use of lego men and other toys.

I've got to say that my favourite conspiracy theory is http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/. The way that the (admittedly few) members stick to their completely looney ideas in the face of an absolute barrage of evidence is hilariously brilliant.

Flat_earth.jpg

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
YES... Says so here. Only need to see first couple of mins.

[yt]AGmPEVwqDVk[/yt]

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Unless you have studio lights of course.

But they wouldn't do that, would they :lolol:

What like this on the earth with two shadows going in the differing directions (the bush and the hiker btw), so where is the false lighting here then?

hikingshadows.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hold on everyone, I can resolve this once and for all. I'll pop up there now and see if I can find the flag and stuff. I'll report back here with pictures. Hold on, thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here