• No it was filmed in a syudio

Votes: 34 22.5%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For anybody who seriously doubts that they did it
2 - - why did they bother faking it again, not just once but a further SIX times?

THIS.

and also, the recent Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has taken photo's of some of the crap left by those Apollo missions. Case closed. :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well if 'we' did not go would not the Rusky's have said something ? After all this was the 'Cold war'

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yes. I was there.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
anyone who believes we didnt is a loon.

evidence for: moon rock, buggy tracks, laser reflecter dish. oh, and hundreds if not thousands of witnesses.

evidence against: some questions about photos or "facts" about space all of which have been disproved.

Theres no wind in space, the flag was blowing?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ok well *if* we didnt then we certainly have since...

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
What I find really difficult to believe is that we haven't been back. Recently.

Money

It costs hundreds and hundreds of MILLIONS to plan and plot a moon landing. All the information required has been gathered, and therefore it would be a waste of money to send another team up there for no reason.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Also, in answer to the origional poster's question, the fact that there is a flag and other equipment viewable from Earth by astronomic telescopes, suggests that man did land on the moon.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Theres no wind in space, the flag was blowing?

in what way was it "blowing"? the top of the flag is fixed to a horizontial frame. the only recorded movement of the flag is when astronauts are in contact with it, moving it. when left alone it is utterly still.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A theory i read once revolved around the fact that the conditions between here and the moon at the time the first lunar landings took place would most probably have led to the asronauts dying not long after reaching the moon (high solar activity and solar wind). Therefore the theory says that there were 2 groups of astronauts; one that went to the moon and are still there dead, and another that only went into low earth orbit and then returned as the heroes later. There was also a requirement for the photos to be faked to support the story, which is supposedly supported by some unusual hotspots in some of the photos, and some other oddities. Of course the grainy film would have to have been faked in advance as well.
But even that is total bollocks which you can see if you think about it even for a moment:

How did they get a second rocket up and establish it in orbit, a low orbit at that, without anybody noticing? Especially the Soviets and the Chinese who were on the alert for potential ICBM attacks.

How did they get an exact set of doubles for the original astronauts? As has been mentioned the first moon landing was THE media event of the 20th century, far bigger than VE Day as it not only dominated the newspapers but was on every TV station broadcasting to every TV set in every country. The faces of the astronauts were easily the most well-known and recognisable on the planet.

How did they fake the source of the rado signals from the lunar module both on the surface and as it flew back to earth? How did they manage to make the change with the decoy rocket? What happened to the original module?

And then why do it another six times?

As I said I'd have been far more impressed with the Americans if they HAD faked it as that would have been a fantastic con-trick well beyond the capabilities of 1960s technology. Especially as they then had the balls to fake it a further six times.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
2 - Assuming it WAS a fake, and assuming the CIA killed everyone involved which is why no one's ever revealed it, - why did they bother faking it again, not just once but a further SIX times?

[Pedant]

Five more times. Apollo 13 never made it, faked or not... (Never let Tom Hanks loose at the controls of a spacecraft - you just know he'll f**k it up.)

[/Pedant]

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Does anyone remember how many YEARS after the moon landings the first suggestion that it was all faked was made?
I think that's the thing, those of us who lived through it know what a big deal was made of it (and the earlier flights that led up to it). Every detail was broadcast live. It DOES depress me though that so many people will believe so many crackpot theories - they hear a conspiracy theory and swallow it whole without applying any intellectual thought process to it.

If I were from the generation born after the Apollo missions I think I'd be FAR more likely to believe that Harold Wilson faked England's 1966 World Cup win to boost the fledgling Labour Government. After all if we had really won the World Cup in 1966 we'd have at least come close to winning it again wouldn't we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here