Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Jesus Die?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyone see this documentary on BBC Four, after a programme about The Da Vinci Code last night? I thought it very interesting.

For the vast majority of you who missed, some theologians and clerics were interviewed about their views on the literal interpretation of the resurrection of Jesus Christ after his crucifixtion.

Basically, they were saying that there is a certain amount of evidence (nothing conclusive) that Jesus actually survived his crucifixtion, was revived and fled to a part of India which is now Kashmir, where he carried on his teachings - teachings which, incidentally, were very much in line with the teachings of Buddhism. The programmes says that he lived until the age of around 80.

I won't go in to the why and wherefores of the programme, but suffice to say the evidence was very enthralling and belivable. This is an interview with the director of the programme.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/did-jesus-die-interview.shtml

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Now where's Yorkie when you need her ? :lolol: :lolol:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Did they offer an explanation for the spear in his side, which is reported in several accounts?

Shock induced coma or not I don't think he would have survived another 47 odd years after that!

Like you say interesting interpretation though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mr Burns said:
Jebus did survive. It's fact. He can be seen often in South Park.

Oh God I'm damned for sure now :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
An excellent view far better than Dott and Ebdon.I think the bit about Jesus going missing between ages 13-29 with no ref in the bible but refs in the Budda Bible prove the point he did not die on the cross but died a human death at the ripe old age of 80 in Kashmair.Shame they cant get in the vault

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Juan Albion said:
So if it's not a conspiracy theory, what is it?

Probably the truth. Thats why the Catholic church hunted down so called heretics and murdered them by the thousands. They even lead a crusade against them in the south west of france. To me that is a bit of an over reaction for a conspiracy theory.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Which Jesus?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
coventrygull said:
Sorry mate but this is no conspiracy theory. Thousands have been murdered by the catholic church for holding such views. T

And of course your facist mates did quite a job on the Jews didn't they ?

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To get this thread back on track, I thought the programme was interesting and far more balanced than the anti-Da Vinci Code programme before it.

The Kashmir hypothesis is very interesting but as with any hypothesis about what happened to Jesus there's virtually no evidence.

The Gospels all concur that Jesus was on the cross for no more than 6 hours, not enough to die without either the legs being broken, and there is no mention that this occurred.

Only one Gospel mentions a spear in the side, but then if you were going to create a resurrection story you'd need to demonstrate Jesus was dead before he was taken down. After all, a fit man in his early 30s could go for several days before dying.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Pavilionaire said:
To get this thread back on track, I thought the programme was interesting and far more balanced than the anti-Da Vinci Code programme before it.

The Kashmir hypothesis is very interesting but as with any hypothesis about what happened to Jesus there's virtually no evidence.

The Gospels all concur that Jesus was on the cross for no more than 6 hours, not enough to die without either the legs being broken, and there is no mention that this occurred.

Only one Gospel mentions a spear in the side, but then if you were going to create a resurrection story you'd need to demonstrate Jesus was dead before he was taken down. After all, a fit man in his early 30s could go for several days before dying.

Oh come on! This is all just a story that has been confused by translation and sexed up by those that could read in those days. Man created God. Fact!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
dougdeep said:
Oh come on! This is all just a story that has been confused by translation and sexed up by those that could read in those days. Man created God. Fact!

Who said anything about God? This thread is about whether Jesus died or not. I don't believe Jesus is God, I beleive he was human and mortal.

What's your problem and how much have you read about this subject?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here