Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Iain Duncan Smith really just say...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
'Work makes you free'? :facepalm:

Possibly a misquote?? I haven't seen it myself, but others are repeating it, so it might just be true???

Attachments

• Auschwitz arbeit_macht_frei.jpg
    Auschwitz arbeit_macht_frei.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 895

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Its all part of the 1000 year coalition.

His quote: "Look, work actually helps free people"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The truth is out! Proof? Simply rearrange the letters of his name and you get:

I HID NASI (UNT MAN.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As loathsome as he is, IDS has paid his way through life. He served 6 years in the Army followed by a career working for GEC.

You, simonsimon, appear to be a bullshitter of the biggest order. You really are a bitter, sad, obsessed little man. Move on. Find a new hobby. Your obsession appears to be turning you into some sort of proto-marxist Gollum.

p.s. his father was also a highly decorated world war 2 fighter pilot who bravely battled the Nazis - unlike, say, Jack Straw's dad who hid in the coal bunker for the entire 6 years so put that in your pipe and smoke it, comrade.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Duncunt Smith has never had a proper job in his life.

As loathsome as he is, IDS has paid his way through life. He served 6 years in the Army followed by a career working for GEC.

You, simonsimon, appear to be a bullshitter of the biggest order. You really are a bitter, sad, obsessed little man. Move on. Find a new hobby. Your obsession appears to be turning you into some sort of proto-marxist Gollum.

:laugh:

So simonsimon, what is your idea of a proper job if it does not involve the army or working for GEC?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
:lol::lol:

Heres a joke to make you feel better... (note my sense of humour verges on pathetic)..

Don't drop your alphabetti spaghetti on the floor....it may spell disaster!

anyhow back to the thread at hand...

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My East European cleaner's taken two weeks to hoover my house. She's a Slovak. They go downhill rapidly from thereon.

Just realised that I've shot myself in the foot again, anyway. Having a WWII hero daddy ain't necessarily unheard of in politics. That one-eyed Griffin bloke's old man was also a WWII fighter pilot, I think.....and a Tory.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Duncunt Smith has never had a proper job in his life.

really? oh, answered.

anyway, how dare a tory care about poverty, this sort of stereotype breaking just wont do. attack the man, that will make up for it. :rolleyes:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"As loathsome as he is, IDS has paid his way through life." Quoted by Ponce Mohammed Buzzer

In 2002, Michael Crick on the TV programme Newsnight caused some embarrassment when probing Duncan Smith's curriculum vitae, which had been in circulation for years, for example, being reproduced in the authoritative annual Dod's Parliamentary Companion for the previous ten years. The CV claimed that he had attended the University of Perugia when he had in fact attended the Università per Stranieri, which did not grant any degrees at that time, and a claim that he had attended the prestigious-sounding Durnsford College of Management turned out to refer to some weekend courses at GEC Marconi's staff college.

Duncan Smith proved not to be a particularly effective public speaker in the rowdy atmosphere of Prime Minister's Questions (PMQs) in the House of Commons. His seeming troubles with a "frog in his throat" throughout most of his two years as leader prompted Private Eye to refer to him incessantly as "Iain Duncan Cough". As well as this, there were continued rumours of discontent among his backbenchers, not dampened by his warning to his party in November 2002: "My message is simple and stark, unite or die"."

Proves a lot about his character.

In the glory years of GEC, only Arnold Weinstock himself was allowed to do any real work.

Duncunt Smith is like Cameron, a social climbing ponce clinging to the coat tails of their respective super rich father-in-laws.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In the glory years of GEC, only Arnold Weinstock himself was allowed to do any real work

Umm...what? like chair the company, repair the leaking pipes, make the tea, send out the invoices, man the phones......Crikey. Busy old bloke was Arnold.

Come on...spill the beans. Were you bullied a bit when you were little by a posh boy? Is that it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here