Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Iain Duncan Smith really just say...

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
YES

When they go out of their way to tread on the under privileged.

Also you dont need much research to find evidence of the true character of IDS.

Even Irish Brigand MPS saw through him and rejected him after a short period of time.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
http://www.centreforsocialjustice.org.uk/

The Centre for Social Justice is an independent think tank established by Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP in 2004 to seek effective solutions to the poverty that blight parts of Britain.

Isn't that a right-wing think-tank that wants to take everyone's benefits away? Hardly proof of his caring, sharing side.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Isn't that a right-wing think-tank that wants to take everyone's benefits away?

or, it could be an attempt to discuss and find ways to get people off of benefits. novel i know. one thing i know they advocate is changing the rules for people taking on low pay or part time jobs, to encourage work without stripping benefits away immediatly. maybe its just too novel?

but dont worry what the objectives are, knock it becuase it comes from that nasty old tory.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"comes from that nasty old tory. "

Quoted by beorhthelm

You said it!

most sublime misquoting there. must be a wind up, carry on with the myopia.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As a Tory voter,I hope that when they have finished licking their wounds,the intelligent lefties return to post on NSC.......the current leftie posters on this thread are abysmal and not worth holding a discussion with!:shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have respect for Lord Bracknell and the lefties who can put forward an intellectural and reasoned argument. All this " posh Tory Boy, educated priviliedged background " shit is so cliched, boring and Labour saying the Tories will take us back to the 80's its seems some Labour supporters arguments haven't moved on from the 80's.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As a Tory voter,I hope that when they have finished licking their wounds,the intelligent lefties return to post on NSC.......the current leftie posters on this thread are abysmal and not worth holding a discussion with!:shrug:
It's only simonsimon. Got to say, as a left-of-centre man myself, I find his posts on this thread f***ing embarrassing.

I will say this though: I've heard IDS is not a popular man, but this is down to the way he treats the people at the bottom, not his politics or the fact he embelished his CV, which we all do. Most of our senior politicians of all hues are actually thoroughly decent people. The likes of Thatcher, Blair, Hague all had reputations for speaking forthrightly with their equals around their cabinet/shadow cabinet tables, but were very careful not to criticise people carrying out orders. Thatcher and Blair both used to make a point of personally thanking the kitchen staff and the likes when they've stayed beyond the call of duty. IDS on the other hand had a reputation for bawling at people he considered his inferior, yet would act all slimily among his fellow cabinet members, too scared to make a decision when it was needed in case it upset the wrong people.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
.....IDS on the other hand had a reputation for bawling at people he considered his inferior, yet would act all slimily among his fellow cabinet members, too scared to make a decision when it was needed in case it upset the wrong people.

I would imagine that's as a result of his time in The Army (I assume he wasn't a squaddie).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would imagine that's as a result of his time in The Army (I assume he wasn't a squaddie).
Hmm. I'd have thought the better officers in HM Armed Forces were the ones who motivated and respected the guys at the front line, but who were also competent enough to bollock his peers when required.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's only simonsimon. Got to say, as a left-of-centre man myself, I find his posts on this thread f***ing embarrassing.

I will say this though: I've heard IDS is not a popular man, but this is down to the way he treats the people at the bottom, not his politics or the fact he embelished his CV, which we all do. Most of our senior politicians of all hues are actually thoroughly decent people. The likes of Thatcher, Blair, Hague all had reputations for speaking forthrightly with their equals around their cabinet/shadow cabinet tables, but were very careful not to criticise people carrying out orders. Thatcher and Blair both used to make a point of personally thanking the kitchen staff and the likes when they've stayed beyond the call of duty. IDS on the other hand had a reputation for bawling at people he considered his inferior, yet would act all slimily among his fellow cabinet members, too scared to make a decision when it was needed in case it upset the wrong people.

Embarrassing you say, well maybe.......................................but heres real embarrassing for you, get 5 million off welfare and find them jobs .........where?
you spend millions training someone to do some highbrow job which he/she loses then ask them to sweep the streets or collect trollies at Tesco's

now that embarrassing

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having a WWII hero daddy ain't necessarily unheard of in politics. That one-eyed Griffin bloke's old man was also a WWII fighter pilot

I heard that as well. Presumably for the Luftwaffe?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
You've let yourself down here.

How so, it was a statement of fact. Jack Straw's Dad did f*ck all to stop Nazi Germany although plenty of other conscientious objectors did contribute to the war effort by accepting positions in the Medical Corps, Logistical Corps and such like.

Even more starnge though was the fact that he was married to a Jewess at the time.....what strength of morals old man Straw must have.

But then we can see he passed on his genetic moral compass to his sons, as one is an pathological liar and control freak the other is a sex case (and on the register).

What a lovely family.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

So in 1939 mainland Europe was in the grip of pathological anti semites who were at war with Britain. They want to invade Britain and you are married to a jewess.

Would you (a) do f*ck all or (b) contribute to the effort to defeat the anti semites.

Yep its a poser........but not for Jack Straw's Dad he chose (a) which is why he went to jail.

He survived the war so that he could create human turds like Jack and his brother. Not Jack Straw's fault that he had a c*nt for a Dad, but then it's no surprise that he's turned out the way he did.

Read the Dunkirk thread before you reply.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So in 1939 mainland Europe was in the grip of pathological anti semites who were at war with Britain. They want to invade Britain and you are married to a jewess.

Jewess? Jewess? - Welcome to the board Mr Streicher.

I reckon that going to prison for your principles shows a stronger sense of morals than most people have.

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
I heard that as well. Presumably for the Luftwaffe?

That's not fair mate.
Griffin may be a turd but I don't believe even he would have signed up to fight against his own country, and it's wrong to label his fighter pilot dad a Nazi just because his son clearly leans towards them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here