Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did everyone get home from Millwall ok

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Re: Your experience of Millwall. 'You're not scary anymore?'

Richie Morris said:
I got off the train at Bermondsey and walked down through the roughest estate I have ever seen in which most houses seemed to have a guy sat on the step with a pitbull staring at anyone who walked past.

Walked past the shittest pub in England full to the rafters with Burberry clad chavs.

Having said that when I went round to the home end so my millwall supporting mate could buy a ticket for thier game against Leeds the people in the line were really friendly.

One main problem with the area though was the lack of decent post boxes to lean on. Not sure how the local mods cope.

Did u do this in your Brighton shirt? Otherwise they may have thought you were a milwall fan :jester:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd heard about the walkway but it was nothing like I expected.

I had the impression that it was cordoned off but you would still be partitioned from The home fans. It was nothing like that.

On the platform, there was a walkway for away fans and once you went down it you didn't see a Millwall fan until you were in the ground!

As we got off at South Bermondsey Station (at appox 2:30) a millwall fan behind us said (to his mate) "I reckon there's a fair few away fans today!" 10 seconds later 75% of the platform did a hanger right down the away fans walkway! :lol:

Hardly any Brighton fans wore colours (myself included). Strange thing is there didn't see many Millwall fans in colours either! ???

I go along with the other posts in that it was one of the safest games I'd been too!

One final thing. The grafitti in the gents made me laugh. All the firms (including your soul crew mates Lb :) ) wrote there teams on the wall..

But

A the end of the day (to quoute an old football cliche)

The millwall fans will never get to read it!
:lolol:

Last edited:

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I was with my son and daughter and my son had on a BHA beanie etc. but was sitting behind me on the train when we left SB. Anyway, it was very quiet and then my phone rang and GOSBTS reverberated around the carriage and everybody turned and looked at me, but everybody laughed. Could have been nasty though. No colours and change your ringtone for away games.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
mrhairy said:
I was with my son and daughter and my son had on a BHA beanie etc. but was sitting behind me on the train when we left SB. Anyway, it was very quiet and then my phone rang and GOSBTS reverberated around the carriage and everybody turned and looked at me, but everybody laughed. Could have been nasty though. No colours and change your ringtone for away games.

The fact that everybody laughed proves that we are a lot safer nowadays than we used to be when travelling to away games.

I used to set off in fear and trepidation to many places, and even felt uncomfortable walking around Macclesfield in my Albion shirt a few years back. This year I've been much braver and found that most supporters of other teams are normal human beings just like me, and I've found time to talk to several on my travels - notably at Reading and Leicester, where I managed to get stuck with the local village idiot on both occasions :lolol:

This weekend, I found Millwall a refreshingly unthreatening experience.

Or perhaps I've become too laid back about it all!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It would have been fine by train, but I drove and was parked in Surrey Quays.

This was a concept that was completely incomprehensible to the local plod, who having locked the gates we needed to get back round the ground, herded us towards the station. By the time we simple refused to go any further in the wrong direction, they just flatly refused to let us back. There suggestion was a train to London Bridge, and get the Jubilee line to Surrey Quays!!!

"But it's 10 mins walk that way."
"It's for your safety mate."

Bollox. They finally let us pick through the waiting hoardes of Brighton fans to get back to the ground, before two more plod stopped us again saying "It's just the ground that way mate" and informing us that the end of the alley was "all locked up now anyway."

After a few minutes of rowing, I was getting nowhere. Then a steward turned up and the plod walked off the way we wanted to go. I asked the steward how best to get back to Surrey Quays on foot, "Just follow those two police officers, all the gates are open and you just walk round."

COULD THEY NOT HAVE TOLD US THAT BEFORE THEY WALKED OFF !!!! Arseholes.

The Millwall fans were great, but just like Palace a couple of years ago, I was ready to have a hissing, kicking fit at the bloody brainless Met Police.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I had no trouble all day and even shared a 1st class carriage with Millwall fans back up to London Bridge even though old bill were trying to segregate us. They seemed quite friendly and said we played well but our left back made a couple of mistakes!
I thought it was quite funny on the way up. At East Croydon there were Albion, Palarse, Millwall and QPR fans on the same platform. Potential flashpoint but I think everyone was too cold to care, I know I was.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
No probs whats so ever,but chatting to my bro while on the platform i called millwall a shit hole,but just a few funny looks.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here