Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did everyone get home from Millwall ok

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Had the luxury of a door to door coach service today, but still took way more abuse than normal on the way in and out, and the constant poisonous homophobic abuse from what has to be the most moronic bunch of 'supporters' that I've seen in a long while, and they wonder why no one likes them.

Usually me, the young shingles and assorted mates like to wander around the ground like we've done at other grounds like s.o.l , hillsborough etc. but after arriving in the compound we were told the police wouldnt allow it. I'm not sure that we would have done it anyway as the locals didnt seem too friendly out there. Anyhow the support was absolutely amazing today, we filled the whole of the upper tier

Just hope that everyone got home safely

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fine, no trouble at all on the trains I was on.

Yes - they're not scary any more :D

Was very impressed with the train organisation, the segregated walkway and that.

Although, funnily enough, the train I was on had both Millwall and Palace on it, but everyone was very sensible :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was a little held up in the queue at Sainsburys in Clapham High Street, but apart from that fine. :lolol:

I had a wander round before hand - but didn't enter via the new walkway.

Few little b*stards shouting abuse up at us walking to the station. They can't help it can they ?

I will point out that I went with my African friend and he suffered no hint of abuse from anyone.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
One of the safest grounds I have been to. Police and Stewards were both friendly.

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
London Irish said:
Yes - they're not scary any more :D

Hope sussex police are ready for the return fixture at the withdean.

There not scary any more?

They were last time they came to Wrexham! :ohmy: crazy fuckers!

wxmillwall.jpg

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The walk to South Bermondsey is safe then! That was the reason I decided not to go to the game.

The last time I went was two years ago and that was the most intimidating walk I have ever had out of a ground. So much so even Krispies was quiet.

I vowed then that I would never go there again, and if I had to it would be in plain clothes, not speaking, and get on the first bus I found to get away from the ground, possibly near the White Hart PH.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There were one or two young lads making gestures at the coach as we left but that was no worse than other clubs I have been to.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Other than the fact my train ticket didn't work any of the automatic barriers I was fine. Bumped into another Albion fan as I got off the train on my return to Guildford; which was nice.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I have a cold, but I guess I can't really attribute that to Millwall. The whole segregation did work well, although it did intensify the perception of hostility in many ways.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how exactly do you get to this segragated walkway? me and my mate just walked out to the left and walked off down the road with all the other fans. quite a few brighton fans seemed to be doing the same. No bother at all. same as the last two visits.

Albion Rob

It was quite wierd how they kept us ijn the walkway for about 20 minutes after the game then let us all on the station together, thought they were allocating trains to each set of fans but I guess the station must have been fuul.

There were a few piping up behind us but they were about 15 and probably never even went to the Old Den.

Never had any trouble there but did have a funny moment on London Bridge station when about 50 Palarse fans started chanting Eagles at a lone Millwall fan who responded with the "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" thing and the scummers all backed away.

No problems with Millwall and would happily go back. Must get a bit hairy when Stoke and Cardiff go there though.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Apart from getting the distinct impression that I was approaching a police station back home in Northern Ireland, the segregated walkway makes Millwall about the easiest/safest grounds of all to get in or out of.

Unlike our last visit, they segregated us right up to getting on the train too. As we went up the steps onto the platform there was the usual gibbering from a very few of the Millwall fans being held back by the police but it was more "missing link" than it was intimidating. After we got on the train I spent the journey to East Croydon sitting next to a Millwall fan. He was a thoroughly decent bloke and we had a thoroughly civilised conversation!

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
roz said:
Apart from getting the distinct impression that I was approaching a police station back home in Northern Ireland, the segregated walkway makes Millwall about the easiest/safest grounds of all to get in or out of.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The cop shops in NI are so intimidating it'd put you off reporting anything stolen.

beorhthelm said:
how exactly do you get to this segragated walkway?
You walk down the steps from the platform at South Bermondsey station and turn right, and follow the sign that says "Visiting Supporters".

In effect, you are immediately in the away end, even before you leave the station.

The safest arrangement for away fans that I have seen at any football ground I've ever visited.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
roz said:
True. I'd rather nip across at Pettigoe and ask the Gardai to help with my enquiries!

hehe

That said, back in the 80's my dad had to do some business in Lisburn|Lurgan, whichever of those is more unionist, can't remember which. He came back and found 3 RIC guys guarding the car, because a southern registered car in a government building car park was seen as a potential target. They're good cops, in general.

Better than Donegal and the whole Richie Barron stuff.....

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
There's absolutely no excuse for Albion fan's not to go there now and we should be selling out. Really easy to get to and now with the walkway, safe.

I don't think Millwall are really that bothered about us and when the " stand up if you hate Palace" song rang out, even their chavs applauded.

Let's hope we get a chance to go back next year and take 2000+

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here