Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone miss any of Fridays game

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...due to the horrendous queues at the ticket collection point?

When I walked down front the car park at about 20 minutes before KO, the queue was half way up the slip road.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So the moral of the story is?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Got there at 6.15, had a 5 minute queue. LOADS of envelopes in the hut though - hardly suprising people had a lengthy wait later on.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So the moral of the story is?

Don't piss into the wind.

On one hand, you think it would be relatively easy to hand out tickets, but more often than not you get someone that holds up the queue.

It certainly is an issue if you decide late on that you want a ticket, so that it can't be sent on. Certainly for an evening match, when it is not always possible to turn up early.

I guess we are unable to put up a temporary structure and have a number of people dishing out tickets. Where would you put it? ???

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't piss into the wind.

On one hand, you think it would be relatively easy to hand out tickets, but more often than not you get someone that holds up the queue.

It certainly is an issue if you decide late on that you want a ticket, so that it can't be sent on. Certainly for an evening match, when it is not always possible to turn up early.

I guess we are unable to put up a temporary structure and have a number of people dishing out tickets. Where would you put it? ???

Dont know but the club need to think of something, having two people dish out a substantial number of tickets doesn't seem to be working.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You've identified the problem, so hows about coming up with a solution? Why don't YOU think of something?

Because to be quite frank it isn't my problem. Not difficult though, all thats required is another 2 people and one of the gazebo type things that we sell programmes from and we can distribute tickets from there instead. With two extra people it will work twice as quick and people wont get quite as pissed off. Im sure we lose floating fans who cant bother to spend half hour in a queue before a game.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You've identified the problem, so hows about coming up with a solution? Why don't YOU think of something?

I'll see if I can help

Double the size of the collection point, and double the number of staff

Does that help?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Had to q for 15 mins and just made it in for the first whistle.

Would need to make 4 qs A-E; F-L; M-R and S-Z.

Encourage people toget there earlier when they book up.

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think they could invest in some better signage to help people identify the right queue. A lot of people don't realise that it is divided alphabetically and just join the shorter queue, which obviously slows everything up when they get to the front and find they're in the wrong place.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I had the same problem last weekend for the Southend game. Seems it wasn't so much the volume of people, but people with missing or lost tickets. Maybe a separate kiosk for them?

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?t=110911

Edit. DtG, you should have known better as I have just noticed you posted on the thread I started on this subject last week.
:laugh:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'll see if I can help

Double the size of the collection point, and double the number of staff

Does that help?

It might do.

Seeing as Da Man Clay washed his hands of caring about the solution ('it's not my problem...' - thanks mate, extremely helpful), I'm glad someone could come up with a solution. However, it might not be THE solution. One issue might be the fact that they can print tickets from somewhere inside the kiosk, implying there's electricity in there. If you 'double the size', you have to take extend it to outside, and you are then talking different electrical hook-ups, security points etc.

I might suggest a secondary collection point for those who are going into the North Stand in one of the buildings by the North Stand entrance. It might help a bit.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It might do.

Seeing as Da Man Clay washed his hands of caring about the solution ('it's not my problem...' - thanks mate, extremely helpful), I'm glad someone could come up with a solution. However, it might not be THE solution. One issue might be the fact that they can print tickets from somewhere inside the kiosk, implying there's electricity in there. If you 'double the size', you have to take extend it to outside, and you are then talking different electrical hook-ups, security points etc.

I might suggest a secondary collection point for those who are going into the North Stand in one of the buildings by the North Stand entrance. It might help a bit.

Didn't realise they actually printed the tickets in the kiosk. I thought they were all printed and stuffed in envelopes at the clubshop ready to be collected.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think alans point was that they "could" print tickets, not they do!

I would have thought that could be a problem with connectivity to the main system at Queens Road.

Just seemed crazy that we are told that everything is being made easier, and they dont need staff in the ticket office, hense they made the experienced ones redundant, now we find there are huge queue's at the ticket collection point, and they cant take orders over the phone as it clogs up the phone lines....mickey mouse or what?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They do print tickets there.

I have phoned and booked tickets less than an hour before kick-off, and been told 'they are ready to collect from the ground straight away'.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why can't the club update the website to allow you to print your own e-ticket, most folks that have a PC & Internet Connection, will have a printer too, then it would save the time taken in printing the damn things out once you get there.

It works for Airlines, why not BHAFC ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well Dave you will be pleased to know that I didnt miss a kick after bumping into you in the queue. I got in just in time. Not sure on those behind me tho!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well Dave you will be pleased to know that I didnt miss a kick after bumping into you in the queue. I got in just in time. Not sure on those behind me tho!

thank goodness for that

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

I didnt know you could print the tickets at the ground...I am yet again put right by HKFC and stand corrected.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just seemed crazy that we are told that everything is being made easier, and they dont need staff in the ticket office, hense they made the experienced ones redundant, now we find there are huge queue's at the ticket collection point, and they cant take orders over the phone as it clogs up the phone lines....mickey mouse or what?

There have always been large queues and more so for evening games, as it is far more difficult to turn up earlier.

What is that about clogging up the phonelines? ??? Sounds a bit bizarre. I know they don't answer the phones when they are dealing with people face to face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here