Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone miss any of Fridays game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shit bloody system. I now know from personal experience what an utter pain in the ARSE it is to try and phone the ticket office to buy tickets, and it seems picking the damn things up can be a major operation requiring hours of forward planning as well, if you want to get in for kickoff.

Yes yes, I know one of the hallowed provisions of playing at our glorious athletics track is that tickets are purchased in advance. But can someone explain exactly WHY is it now so utterly and absolutely set in STONE that Thou Shalt Buy Thine Ticket Beforeth Dost Game ? For the run-of-the-mill, bog-standard 3rd division shite we (usually) turn up for, pay-on-the-gate should be perfectly managable. It ALWAYS was in the past. I appreciate some of the more high profile games (Forest/Leeds) would be deemed more suitable to be declared all-ticket, but the frigging AGGRO people have to go through to get a ticket in advance for the honour of watching Cheltenham or pissing Luton, no wonder thousands just cannot be arsed with it any more.

God, football is so f***ing rubbish nowadays.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It might do.

Seeing as Da Man Clay washed his hands of caring about the solution ('it's not my problem...' - thanks mate, extremely helpful),

Did you not read the second part of my post which is suggesting a possible solution then? Obviously not....

I'm glad someone could come up with a solution. However, it might not be THE solution. One issue might be the fact that they can print tickets from somewhere inside the kiosk, implying there's electricity in there. If you 'double the size', you have to take extend it to outside, and you are then talking different electrical hook-ups, security points etc.

Surely its easy enough to still print the tickets in the same place and move them to outside to sell?

I might suggest a secondary collection point for those who are going into the North Stand in one of the buildings by the North Stand entrance. It might help a bit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The main problem isn't the fact that there are only two windows, it's when there are queries.

What they should do is give the person the envelope if it's there. If not, direct them to a third area that deals with queries. I have had a number of times where a dozen people have picked up their tickets in under a minute, followed by one query taking 2-3 mins.

I have just realised what a sensible well thought out posting this is, and it has only taken just over 1,000 posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here