Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone else think kenwyn Jones was a donkey

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When he came on, I was expecting this world beater having seen him on MOTD etc for Sunderland, but he was really terrible.

Every pass he did was to one of our players and at one point he just stood their shouting at the rest of the stoke players for not passing to him.

Who can blame them?

I suppose that is the argument that Gus and the like keeps making in a nutshell that spending huge sums doesnt always get you a decent player.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
He was totally ineffective maybe not settled in and the fact that stoke had taken their foot off the gas...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is flabbergasting that run of the mill players can earn more in a week than a nurse does in a year.

He's not bad at football, but good enough to justify £35k a week?

If he is sensible with his money, he might not have to work again. Ever.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
He looked absolutely useless.......shame he didn't start!

Also seemed very slow. As posted above, always looked quite useful on MOTD highlights, but didn't look like the same player.

Maybe he's got a very good throw-in?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Thought he was dreadful when he came on.
And Ricardo Fuller wasn't much better.
I think Stoke should ask for their money back on both of them.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I overheard some Stoke fans talking about him before the game, they were saying the same sort of thing really, put a cross on his head and he will score, but he won't do anything else for the rest of the game, and that he also seems to move about five yards in the whole game

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He was very poor, but a short appearance off the bench in a game that was already wrapped up, probably isn't enough to judge him on.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've just put just about the same thing on the thread about any of us having the chance to be a pro footballer.

I thought Jones was shocking yesterday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's not exactly popular in Stoke. I think this is because he's a bit shit and cost them far more than he's worth.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not too fond of Stoke strikers in general to be honest, Ricardo Fuller is dreadful and yet they worship him like a God. John Carew was an amazing signing for them, absolutely amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here