Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Anyone Else Think Calderon's Goal Was BRILLIANT....

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
....only to see it again on TV and see that it took a big deflection and spoon round the goalie.

From the stand it looked like a long ranger thunder blaster, well placed into the bottom corner, but then watching it on TV it was a whole different story :lolol:

Not that it matters, it made us all go completely spakka when we scored, and it was a great birthday present for his mummy :clap2:

GET IN THERE

ps - doesnt he look a bit TOO excited to be that high up the pitch :ohmy:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 792

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah I saw that on the box. I thought it was a RASPING drive!

Big up to Bennett tho for his THUNDERBOLT.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He's got a real hard on for the game! Maybe he keeps his pet Honeybadger in his pants.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think I might close my eyes when I see the highlights, in my head his strike was sublime.

I have to say that Calderon is fast becoming my favourite player and I really hope he extends his stay with us. There’s a picture of him on the club website being embraced by Crofts and someone else where he looks like a kid at Disney world, he looks absolutely thrilled to get on the score sheet.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I saw it was going in way before it did. I wanted to leap in the air and pump my fists shouting "IIIINNNNNIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOO" but I would have been lobbed out of the home section.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I just saw it on SSN, it was not quite as impressive as I remembered, I seemed to remember a darting bending run down the wing and launching a MASSIVE shot which went in off the post! I don't even remember the Charlton player near him :drunk:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looking at the video, Charlton might be wondering why they let him run FIFTY yards with the ball, completely unchallenged.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looking at the video, Charlton might be wondering why they let him run FIFTY yards with the ball, completely unchallenged.
I don't think that does any justice to the speed with which we broke from a position where the ball was cleared from our own goal line. It was a quality counter attack which caught them out completely.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009

I think the entire ground expected him to lay into forsters path (and the flag to go up)

Even before last night, Calderon strikes me as the calmest defender we've had since Butters. Completely no nonsense.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

We have been letting the OPPOSITION do that to us for the past TWO seasons...and we STILL do to this very day!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Normally the goals go onto the BBC website two days later (i.e. tomorrow).

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Unless you can get sky sports news online anywhere I suggest you either watch the local news tonight, or if that's not possible then wait until tomorrow for the BBC website

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did anyone else think Bennett's shot was going wide. All 4 of us did and we were right behind it - i almost delayed celebrating the goal cos assumed it was wide!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here