Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone else hear Richard Reynolds welcome the away team as "Hull" today?

Did he say.....

• Peter Suddaby

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Peter O'Sullivan

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thought I must have imagined it at first, but then the great BENNY corrected himself by announcing twice that it was in fact Blackpool.

#microphonefail

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
And introduced our 'hero from the past' at half-time as Peter Sullivan :facepalm:

Grip a get!

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Let's give a huge welcome to our two teams today.....Hull...and....BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION!"

:facepalm:

D

Deleted member 18477

Don't like all the stupid build up he does to the game. Just announce the squad and shut up for 5-10 mins let US start making the noise like we did against donny as that was breathtaking and a lot less embarrassing. 'Come on then West stand! North stand! East stand!'- err give it a break mate!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't like all the stupid build up he does to the game. Just announce the squad and shut up for 5-10 mins let US start making the noise like we did against donny as that was breathtaking and a lot less embarrassing. 'Come on then West stand! North stand! East stand!'- err give it a break mate!

To be fair I think he's just trying a bit too hard. I do like the music and build up, but I agree we really don't need people to 'pump us up', judging by the noise we're already there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yep totally agree.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
And introduced our 'hero from the past' at half-time as Peter Sullivan :facepalm:

Grip a get!

That absolutely did not happen. Cleaned the wax out of your ears fail.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
That absolutely did not happen. Cleaned the wax out of your ears fail.

Oh yes he did my friend. Introduced him without the O' prefix, and made the same error when he saw him off the pitch after he finished the interview. I might have got it wrong had it been once, but not twice ???

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Didn't hear him say Hull at the time, but noticed it whilst uploading the video to the computer.
12½ minutes of video to go online later.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
Oh yes he did my friend. Introduced him without the O' prefix, and made the same error when he saw him off the pitch after he finished the interview. I might have got it wrong had it been once, but not twice ???

That explains why all the Blackpool fans were cheering and clapping their 330 plus appearance legend "Peter O'Sullivan" then, does it????. He was introduced and outroduced correctly as Peter Suddaby. I guess you've never heard of him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

There's an "O" prefix on Suddaby? ???

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That explains why all the Blackpool fans were cheering and clapping their 330 plus appearance legend "Peter O'Sullivan" then, does it????. He was introduced and outroduced correctly as Peter Suddaby. I guess you've never heard of him.

I've heard of Peter Suddaby, I've heard of Peter O'sullivan but I've not heard of the Peter Sullivan who was introduced today.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The clue, chaps, was the double page spread in the programme dedicated to Peter Suddaby...

I didn't know about that until after the game, but I did think the pitchside intro was for him so I think that was one thing Reynolds did get correct.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Reynolds is doing my nut in.

Seagulls fans?!? Who the f*** says that in conversation? We're ALBION fans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here