Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone else hear Richard Reynolds welcome the away team as "Hull" today?

Did he say.....

• Peter Suddaby

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Peter O'Sullivan

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Typical cheesy local radio DJ. Comes across a bit like he's doing the Southern FM roadshow.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He definitely said Peter Sullivan. So much so I got really confused when started talking about him as a defender. Only NOW does the whole interview make sense!!!!!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
How can anyone say with certainty what he said, what with a poor PA and him introducing the oppo as Hull ??? I was in WSU about forty yards from the interview, and with all the factors, e.g. seeing the bloke, without a tache it has to be said, RR emitting hot air and my consumption of several pints of Harvey's finest pre-match, there is a possibility people might have heard different tings ???

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
How can anyone say with certainty what he said

I wouldn't recognise Peter Suddaby even if he stood in front of me wearing a tee-shirt that says "I'm Peter Suddaby". I didn't know Peter Suddaby was going to be there. In fact if I had to name 100 ex-Albion players I know that I wouldn't have thought of him. So yes I can say with ALL certainty that he was correctly introduced as Peter Suddaby as I wouldn't have heard "Sullivan" and thought "Suddaby":facepalm:

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Don't like all the stupid build up he does to the game. Just announce the squad and shut up for 5-10 mins let US start making the noise like we did against donny as that was breathtaking and a lot less embarrassing. 'Come on then West stand! North stand! East stand!'- err give it a break mate!

Completely agree. We don't need some 40-year old crap radio DJ twonk with curtains to tell us how to make noise. Play all your crappy music, but then clear off and leave us to sing for 5 to 10 mins before kick-off and make our own noise. We don't need the medleys, and christ, do we not need some idiot telling us to "make some noise " / "one more time"....I had enough of that from the shoddy DJs in The Event II in the 1990s. Maybe it's the same guy.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The whole pre-match build up is an embarrassment. We don't need karaoke singing, its pathetic and that Dick on the Mic takes douchebag to a whole new level.

Kill it all off now, It's not needed or wanted

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I don't like him and what he does, it's more than a bit cheesy and he looks like a lost member of Black Lace

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I have to say the worst bit is the fat les etc music medley before the game. Plastic to the extreme and what happens when you let local radio influences loose with your entertainment.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
He corrects himself after GOSBTS...

[yt]fnadSlvUiDw[/yt]

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
I have to say the worst bit is the fat les etc music medley before the game. Plastic to the extreme and what happens when you let local radio influences loose with your entertainment.

I must confess I do like the concept of some emotive music just before the teams come out to GOSBTS, but what is currently being aired has the opposite effect for me.

Yes, he definately did say Peter Sullivan, because I stood there thinking "I never knew he played over 300 games for Blackpool as well", after playing the 2000 games for us (or something like that) I thought the chap would be knackered. Then up on the screen appeared some chap without a bushy Tom Selleck moustache. That is definately not Sully I then thought.

Bottom line is, I know he is doing his best, but he makes Richard Lindfield sound like Dave Lee Travis (showing my age!)

What happened to Mr Richard "Mr Withdean" Lindfield?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not there yesterday but I quite like the medley as long as they're all good rabble rousers. But I agree there's no need to shout over them like a bad wedding DJ.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
He definitely said Peter Sullivan. So much so I got really confused when started talking about him as a defender. Only NOW does the whole interview make sense!!!!!

I heard it as peter O Sullivan and was talking to the two chaps behind me they heard the same, we then had a long conversation about how much he had changed you know curly hair lack of tash and how he was now taller!, Reynolds did also say welcome Hull, the sound system has to much re-verb

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Typical cheesy local radio DJ. Comes across a bit like he's doing the Southern FM roadshow.

Couldn't agree more with you, edna. I wish someone would bomb the bugger out early-doors with a double-decks-sized slice of Hash Cake tbh.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It might not be so bad if he didn't have Simon Jordan hair. Just cut the hair. Please.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I swear to God if tries any of this pre-match hype-it-up bollocks when we play Palace I will make my way to the pitch and remove his hair myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here