Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's Bar/The Piranhas Live

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Basically, and I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but Brighton fans have a reputation amongst Palace fans for having homosexual tendencies, possibly due to the large contingency of homosexuals in the East Sussex area. One activity that these 'homosexuals' are renowned for is inserting their penises, or 'Dick's' in to other mens bottoms. Therefore, I find it amusing that you have a Bar and Player who are associated with a part of the anatomy largely connected to a homosexual activity.

No need to thank me.

I would have imagined that its far, far more associated with heterosexual activity.

But of course, you're too young to be allowed do that yet.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Basically, and I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but Brighton fans have a reputation amongst Palace fans for having homosexual tendencies, possibly due to the large contingency of homosexuals in the East Sussex area. One activity that these 'homosexuals' are renowned for is inserting their penises, or 'Dick's' in to other mens bottoms. Therefore, I find it amusing that you have a Bar and Player who are associated with a part of the anatomy largely connected to a homosexual activity.

No need to thank me.

It may have escaped your attention, but heterosexuals, like myself, are also renowned for inserting their penises (or Dicks) into ladies front bottoms, and if they'll let us, a couple of other orificies as well.

Of course, being a Palace scum whom no lady would allow near her, you won't have realised this.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You've gotta admit though, it is quite funny that you've got a bar in your ground called 'Dick's Bar', and a player called Gary Dicker.

Surely Dicker is a pretty hetero name? It sounds like Dick-her. If it was gay sounding name it would be Dick-him? or Simon Jordan?

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Getting back on topic for a moment, here's my video of The Piranhas playing Tom Hark. If anyone was missing a middle-aged, slightly balding, pot-bellied bloke on early Saturday evening, they were all in Dick's Bar...

(Click on the pic to view the video in a new window.)

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Excellent evening - superb to end up in Dick's Bar, got Wardy and Stuart Storer to sign my programme and caught part of The Piranhas' set.

Just one question: anyone know why the Saints/Leeds game wasn't being shown post-game (and before the Piranhas' set)? Seemed odd as we'd watched a bit of the AFC Wimbledon/Bristol Rovers game in there before the match. Most screens were just on a default Albion screen, with just one showing train times. None of the staff seemed to know how to change it.

Be good to see Sky games on there on future Saturdays, assuming we don't have any more live bands putting on a show :)

Bar staff told the person next to me you just had to turn the channel over on the TV you were viewing, as it was showing the Albion highlights over and over, no one cared for Dirty Leeds, and she said she did'nt fancy going up and turning it over.

Still smiling from such a fantastic day and brillinat evening. Local band the Hi -sides should play will pester them to get a slot, however the drummer is a STH and will not fancy setting up during the game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is lined up next for Dicks then?

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Out of interest, what do you f*** with? Apart from your mum of course...........

I like what you did there. Except my mum's dead, so I take it slightly offensively.

Anywhom, on the subject of why 'Dick's' is more appropriate for gays, in homosexual activity, not ONE dick is used, but TWO! Shocking I know, and add that to the fact your bar is called Dick's, albeit the suffix 's' is used as a personal possessive, it could be interpreted as being used to express the plural. Hence why I find it quite amusing, as I'm sure you will now you understand it.

It would only be funnier if it was called Dick's Inn, but I won't bother explaining that one to you. You try a joke on here and nearly start up WWIII.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Before the game the atmosphere in dicks bar was shite.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I like what you did there. Except my mum's dead, so I take it slightly offensively.

Anywhom, on the subject of why 'Dick's' is more appropriate for gays, in homosexual activity, not ONE dick is used, but TWO! Shocking I know, and add that to the fact your bar is called Dick's, albeit the suffix 's' is used as a personal possessive, it could be interpreted as being used to express the plural. Hence why I find it quite amusing, as I'm sure you will now you understand it.

It would only be funnier if it was called Dick's Inn, but I won't bother explaining that one to you. You try a joke on here and nearly start up WWIII.

Yes, it could, but only if you were monumentally stupid.

Please, every single 'Dick's' joke has been done to death by your fellow caravan-dwellers, and all were brain-fryingly predictable.

Still, if it amused you, hurrah for that - because being a Palace fan, you'd have nothing else in your life that would raise a smile.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Please, every single 'Dick's' joke has been done to death by your fellow caravan-dwellers, and all were brain-fryingly predictable.

Still, if it amused you, hurrah for that - because being a Palace fan, you'd have nothing else in your life that would raise a smile.

:lol:

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011

And every Pikey jokes made by you are tedious, insipid and infelcitious, but it doesn't stop you, does it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be fair, she was unbelievably fit.

That's all relative (pun intended). She probably looked like a moonlighting dinner lady but when you compare that with all the pram-faces that inhabit SE25 I guess that's as good as it gets.

You've done your "Dick" joke so can you not get back to whatever it is that you do and stop trolling this site? Ta.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Off topic completely but one my fondest footy memories is standing at Craven Cotage in the mid eighties (when they were seriously rubbish) listening to thousands of grown men, well Fulham fans, bellow their disapporval of their manager.

Slightly unnerving to hear thousands of grown men shouting at the top of their voice "DICKS OUT, DICKS OUT, DICKS OUT, DICKS OUT!!!!!!!!"

(BTW the Fulham manager at the time was Alan Dicks)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here