Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's Bar/The Piranhas Live

Indeed it was great atmosphere in there! Got a video of them performing Tom Hark at the end along with attila's speech at the end which I shall get on YT sometime soon!

Only downside, most of the bar staff still need to learn how to pour a proper pint, nearly all I bought had ridiculous amounts of head on top for a Harveys!!

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
'Twas indeed a top night, a perfect end to a great day, topped off by DK and Wardy making an appearance. i hope everyone who had one enjoyed their beer on me. I'm not actually IN the Piranhas, FFA, by the way:)

Ahhh I was under the illusion it was the band that did it - my apologies.

Nice one Attila!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Was a good gig, Zoot did come over for the first gig they did at the Albert last year.
They still charged me for my pint when i went to the bar ! was it a voucher scheme to get a free beer then ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will take my BERET off to Atilla for FINALLY paying up on his BET, only took 5 years but BETTER late than NEVER

I would however it meant he gave a speech :facepalm::facepalm:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Credit to Dick for coming in, I took it upon myself to ask him what he would say to Bill Archer if he could on the day.

"You thought you could get rid of me"

Legend.

Was a good gig, Zoot did come over for the first gig they did at the Albert last year.
They still charged me for my pint when i went to the bar ! was it a voucher scheme to get a free beer then ?

Nope, from what i gathered some the bar staff hadn't been told/didn't understand about Attila's money behind the bar even though he announced it on the mic before The Pirahna's set, the young teenage chap serving me looked confused when i mentioned it until he asked an older woman (possibly the bar manager) and she said it was fine.

So think if you asked about the drink going on the tab, then you were fine...miscomunication and lack of understanding on the part of the bar staff IMO!

But in the end it worked out fine, so many thanks to you Attila for sorting that!!

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thanks to everyone involved in Dicks Bar and getting the Piranhas to play, it was a perfect end to the day. One of the highlights was ducking out early and running into the bar to see the Buckley winning goal on the screens as the Piranhas were sound checking Tom Hark as a handful of us danced around in ecstasy.

Peter Ward (saying him and spider would have loved playing out there) Storer ( saying he was so glad we bagged the three points and had such a good start) and Dick Knight (delighted we all loved the stadium) are all such gents and great ambasadors for our club.

I absolutly love the Piranhas they are the sounds of my school days and bring back great memorys of the Goldstone, a really fantastic gig and evening.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Watching that made me smile as much as when that winner hit the net in the 98th bloody minute.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Excellent evening - superb to end up in Dick's Bar, got Wardy and Stuart Storer to sign my programme and caught part of The Piranhas' set.

Just one question: anyone know why the Saints/Leeds game wasn't being shown post-game (and before the Piranhas' set)? Seemed odd as we'd watched a bit of the AFC Wimbledon/Bristol Rovers game in there before the match. Most screens were just on a default Albion screen, with just one showing train times. None of the staff seemed to know how to change it.

Be good to see Sky games on there on future Saturdays, assuming we don't have any more live bands putting on a show :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here