Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson Staying

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
we've definately had some worst strikers in our squad over time.
don't think he's the sort of player that will push us towards the championship though. interesting to see what poyet does with him

Mark Farrington, to name just one...

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I'm glad to see that some people stuck up for him. His Nan reads NSC you know! Poor old girl will be getting upset. Me, I think, hmmmmmmmmmmm I dunno. If he could put himself into it instead of into the bars then he could have been the target / lone striker we have needed of late.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I say bring him back, put him on pub watch and give him a second chance. if anyone is mad enough to offer us £200k then I would bite their hands off.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Shock horror !!! footballer likes a pint or two.

As it stands he is our 2nd best striker so i would hope we keep the lad for at least the close and early season and see what transpires , not to sure why people think he is a waste of space showed some lovely touches in the games i saw him play, not a out and out goalscorer but adds a lot to attacks and hopefully a few more goals along the way next season deffo worth keeping imo

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As it stands he is our 2nd best striker

On what basis?

I like dickinson, I don't think we've used him to the best of his ability because we see he's tall and focus on that instead of what he is actually capable of.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Shock horror !!! footballer likes a pint or two.

As it stands he is our 2nd best striker so i would hope we keep the lad for at least the close and early season and see what transpires , not to sure why people think he is a waste of space showed some lovely touches in the games i saw him play, not a out and out goalscorer but adds a lot to attacks and hopefully a few more goals along the way next season deffo worth keeping imo

You think he's better than Murray? Or better than Forster?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You think he's better than Murray? Or better than Forster?

I think the emphasis on "our" means he considers Forster not to be ours any more. (I know Dickinson is currently on loan too, but all signs point to Dickinson coming back, since he is still under contract, whereas Forster's contract will expire before he can return)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So he's better than Barnes then? Surely he's 'ours' if Forster is Charlton's?

*pedantry*

That's why I asked on what basis.

Dickinson has scored more goals than Barnes. So among our strikers he is second top scorer (not including forster as ours).However, Bennett and Crofts have scored more than Dickinson.

In a goals/game or mins/goal ratio barnes is better.

EDIT: Though Barnes's contract with plymouth will continue after he finishes his loan spell with us (unless a deal is struck). Forsters' contract with us does not continue. So there is a distinction there, if we want more pedantry.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Dickinson still has something to prove here I feel. Give the lad a chance against Yeovil for a start.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A diver, yes, and doesn't seem to put his heart into it, but damn skilful and would be a real asset if the Gus can get him to curb his errant ways. I doubt that can happen though, so a sale might be for the best we get a 100 gees or more.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
No doubt about it, he went on loan because Gus wanted him and his drinking away from the squad. It's not about his ability and probably never will be.

GP wants pros and Dickinson isn't enough of one.

Very much doubt he'll feature for us again (has probably already been past the 2nd chance stage already)....though this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I remember when Zola went to Chelsea, a number of the players were surprised that his whole life, on and off field, revolved around being a 'professional' footballer. I suspect that Gus is very much from the same school and if (Big IF) he gives Dickinson a second chance, he will have to adopt a totally professional attitude.

Unfortunately, from those I can think of, the majority of players are either totally dedicated or not. I am struggling to think of players who have changed.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Dickinson needs to be a striker that busts a gut to get into the box. Not one that puts a nice pass out to the winger and watches it.

He needs to be the Dickinson like in his Stockport days.

He does seem very popular with the other players though, so he may have a future is he can sort out the drinking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here