Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson Staying

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
well at least he isn't going to Peterboro according to Sky

Could be posturing by Johnson but says he isn't making an offer although he wants a big front man.

Not sure Gus will be too pleased and could affect his planning for a new striker

Peterborough United manager Gary Johnson is not planning to bring on-loan striker Liam Dickinson back to the club next season.

Dickinson joined the Championship's bottom team in February and he has scored three goals in nine appearances since his arrival from Brighton & Hove Albion.

Johnson is keen to have a player of Dickinson's mould in his squad next term, but admits the 24-year-old will not be back at London Road.

"Liam has two years to run at Brighton & Hove Albion and will return there," Johnson told the club's official website.

"I have no plans to bring him back to London Road next season.

"I do want to bring in a big, powerful striker though and I am on the lookout at this moment in time to see who is available."

Dickinson linked up with Brighton from Derby last summer and had scored six times in 32 games before moving to Peterborough

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
that fucks up a swap deal then

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not at all surprised, as I said in the Yeovil thread I don't think anyone will come in for him, so really depends whether Bloom is happy to kiss good bye to that 300K, if not I can see a season long loan to Stockport.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
we've definately had some worst strikers in our squad over time.
don't think he's the sort of player that will push us towards the championship though. interesting to see what poyet does with him

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I suspect Gus rates him along similar lines to Cox. I think he will be lucky to get a game.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Personally I'd like him to start on Saturday. Sounds like he's been doing okay in a crap Championship team so he should get a chance.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Well if Gus can get the old turd-polishing cloth to work half as well on Dickinson as it has on El-Abd and Elphick then he might be able to do a job for us yet.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Big time drinker, apparently why Gus doesn't rate him, same with Cox, not necessarily ability. Allegedly Virgo falls into the same category, though I'm sure with him, it's more that Gus feels we have to do better if we are to challenge for the Championship.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I guess we've got to hope gannon ends up somewhere with a bit of money then! I think he can still do a job for a mid table/lower league 1 team but from what I've seen he's not good enough for where we want to be next season

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He has ability and can score goals. I think we should give him a chance under Gus. I don't know if he'd be one of the front 2 but could be the super sub that adds 10 goals to our season or even the 4th choice. To get a replacement will cost a considerable figure, so unless we get at least £250,000 for him then we should keep him around

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i honestly think he could be great for us but after seeing him in the sun and hearing of his drinking antics i'd be inclined to get rid.

i'm sure for similar wages gus could attract some foreign lower league dreamboat of a striker who is not only capable of scoring but who has a decent work ethic too.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Still think he could be good for us, just not as a target man. Doubt he will be here next season though, cash in and spend the money on players Poyet wants/needs

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
I hope he stays and gets 20+ goals next season :thumbsup:

yeah me too i know he loves living in brighton but its whether gus has plans for him or not next season. oh well we will find out sooner or later i suppose. gutted about jimmy going too think he could have been a great asset to the team next season now his injuries are getting sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here