Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dick tight knight to blame.....

north stander

Banned
Nov 5, 2003
the outer limits
Yes Dick tight Knight is to blame for the albion early finish to our season. He is the man that signed up the players on long term contracts.THE SAME PLAYERS THAT WON US DIV 2 AND 3 MANY MOONS AGO.And yes this is the same man leading the club to falmer.please no will this end up being a long term contract as well.This man has just done about all he can for this club.He has lost us good managers because he cannot promise his word.
fed up with these brain dead albion fans who put there trust in knight........

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Who else would you suggest then? I hear a certain Bill Archer is rather rich, would you prefer him to come and take over again?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep also blame him for gloabal warming, Middle East Crisis, Osama Bin Ladin, 09/11 atrocities and human rights issue.

Boy he has a lot to answer for does dick tight

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
north stander said:
Yes Dick tight Knight is to blame for the albion early finish to our season. He is the man that signed up the players on long term contracts.THE SAME PLAYERS THAT WON US DIV 2 AND 3 MANY MOONS AGO.And yes this is the same man leading the club to falmer.please no will this end up being a long term contract as well.This man has just done about all he can for this club.He has lost us good managers because he cannot promise his word.

All those moons ago? Oh, all THOSE moons ago? The season before last and the season before that?
THAT
long ago?

Cretin!

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
change the record get an understanding of finances then come back with some constructive criticisum
qpr today where trying to get kids to give them there pocket money just to get on a even financial footing and they get 18000 in today
we manage maybe 6500 two to three times the amount through the gate how do you compete

thats it sit on your arse and complain but don't come up with any real answers

northstander you are officially in my eyes a :dunce: well done

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mitch said:
qpr today where trying to get kids to give them there pocket money just to get on a even financial footing and they get 18000 in today

Pretty conclusive point that as I picked that up today as well.

Incidentally my 11 year son declared he needed his head looked at - so let's hope we never go down that road :lolol: :lolol:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
pretty cheap short on my part that one but the sooner people realise what we can really do and can't do at this club the better we have'nt got a pot to piss in so we have to make do

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
DK may have made a few errors in awarding longer contracts to decidedly average players but who else is waiting in the wings with a hole buring in their pocket.

Many people have said 'DK out' on this forum or 'DK is tight', but why does'nt anybody name names of potential of investors who are dying to pile money into the club ?

I think I know the reason why. They don't exist.

north stander

Banned
Nov 5, 2003
the outer limits
when you win two championships.you must substain the standards you have set.you build to maintain those standards.not just throw it all away.when we got promotion to div one.knight was told to spend money on players just to stay in
div one.no he did not spend.instead we may not see div one again for many years to come under knight.now look at this season under knight yet another sham.the way the team are at present we will end up going down.i have always said that brighton are a division one team.and we need to be in div one.
at least you get noticed.but under knight we may not see that div one dream again.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
have you heard of a word called adminstration
how good would that look when your trying to build a new stadium and you can't even run your club on a sound financial footing
you can't spend what you have'nt got just look at oldham for example
i would rather have people on here moaning about the players rather than trying to save the club as we spent what did'nt have (leeds)

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bollocks - Dick Knight is the best thing that happened to Brighton in 30 years. Blame the players and the manager :dunce: .

north stander said:
look at this season under knight yet another sham

Yep, another sham of a season. Just like the promotion seasons were a total sham. Had we gone down the big spending road last season, the chances are we'd be in SERIOUS financial shit like many other teams are at present. Look at QPR. Their outgoings can't come anywhere near ours. They get far larger crowds, plus I doubt it costs them nearly £30,000 to stage a match every week. Yesterday they were passing round the begging bowl!

In the long term Falmer is the only answer. In the short term, the contract with Ecovert expires soon. The Albion running Withdean themselves should see more gate money staying inside the club, hopefully for a bit more investment on the pitch?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Northstander - spend what money, I did'nt know we had any to spend last year.

And still no one seems to be willing to tell me who these mysterious people are who are willing to pile millions into the club if DK was to leave. Come on spill the beans - maybe it's you ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
north stander said:
*sigh*
This crap is just endless innit. Your "point" is like an old pair of socks - it stinks and is full of holes. We must get about a dozen threads a week on here started by dimwits like you spouting this same old rubbish.

Look sunshine, until or unless you can come up with some ANSWERS as to who or what can come in and replace Dick Knight at the helm, I suggest you stop wasting your time and ours with your aimless, meaningless and childish rants. If Knight walked away from this club tomorrow, we would be in the shit BIG TIME.

Fools like you need to realise that there IS no multi-millionaire waiting in the wings to lavish his millions on the Albion, buy us lots of players, etc etc. That man DOES NOT EXIST. We are not a viable company to invest in right now, and until we move from our athletics track, we never will be. Simple as.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The real ball and chain for this club at the moment is Withdean Stadium. Maybe you could blame Dick Knight for arranging for us to play there, but wasn't the Priestfield a bigger ball and chain? And why did we go to Gillingham in the first place?

At the end of the day the reason why the club are in the situation that they're in is because the club's only real asset was sold. No, not Bobby Zamora, but the Goldstone Ground.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Funny thing is northstander, that cretins like you, FG, and the village idiot Ernest, really have no idea how commited Dick Knight and Martin Perry are to this club, and have totally no idea whatsover how the club is run. Both very often work 12 hour days, without a great deal of backup, or maybe you would prefer a chairman that just turns up on a Saturday with a young bit of stuff on his arm, spends a bit of other peoples money, then fucks off when the shit hits the fan ?

And they do it not for praise from deranged lunatics like yourself, but because they have a passion for our football club that most of us can only aspire to.

In todays financial climate it is a f***ing miracle that our club survives and that we are, with the exeption of Plymouth probably the most financially stable club in the division, the miracle becomes almost fiction when you consider that we dont even have a stadium and the ability to have a commercial stratagy and the revenue that comes with it.

It makes me laugh how you fucktards post panic threads about an unpaid bus bill (that was sent to the wrong address) or any other little insignificant problem that the club encounters like its the end of civilisation, when QPR have an outstanding 6 figure bill for stewarding, Wrexham and Notts County players are only just getting paid for November, Luton, Port Vale, Oldham, Barnsley QPR etc etc are millions in debt and a f***ing shambles and do you actually realise that when the first club goes to the wall when the banks finally come to the (correct) conclusion that just because its football club why should we accept millions of pounds of debt out of sentimentallity, (what other business would survive the financial miss management of many football clubs ??!) there could be a domino effect that Brighton and Hove Albion I am proud to say should not be part of.

Oh but I do have a purpose for you, FG and the cretin Ernest, i'd stick you on the bonfire along with DAVID BELLOTTI and BILL ARCHER and burn the f***ing lot of you.

Last edited:

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
Some people have short memories. Dick Knight saved the club from oblivion. All of Dick Knights knockers are brain dead idiots with very short memories.

Hat off to the guy for securing Leon Knight for 2 years (along with copout).

What ever this guy does is for the good of the club, maybe not for the short term bet defiantly for the long term.

I have no idea how much money he has put into the club but I bet it is a dam sight more than most people would in his position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here