• The Love of Brighton and Hove Albion

Votes: 85 79.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
anyone who brings Eva Herzigova to the world's attention (Wonderbra ads?) cant be bad.. though i a s ure someone else would have discovered those baps too, if his agency hadnt ..

eva_herzigova_10.jpg

Last edited:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I think that now it is the determination to see Falmer through knowing that at sometime somebody is going to come in and offer a large amount of money for his shareholding which will leave him very comfortable, if he is not already, for the rest of his days in Spain.

I'm sure he is perfectly comfortable already because he would have been mad to put more than a minority proportion of his wealth into a football club.

I can't see that he is in it to get a good return on his shareholding. That prospect seems a very long way off and when he first took on the Albion such a possibility would have seemed laughable.

Personally, if I had a few million spare to put into the club, I would do it out of love - I would certainly never expect to see a penny of it again. If the miracle happened and the Albion became a very big club, I might hope to get some sort of return...but not expect.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well i am surprised that so many believe he is squeaky clean. :angel:

Maybe i have watched too many Mafia films!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm sure he is perfectly comfortable already because he would have been mad to put more than a minority proportion of his wealth into a football club.

I can't see that he is in it to get a good return on his shareholding. That prospect seems a very long way off and when he first took on the Albion such a possibility would have seemed laughable.

Personally, if I had a few million spare to put into the club, I would do it out of love - I would certainly never expect to see a penny of it again. If the miracle happened and the Albion became a very big club, I might hope to get some sort of return...but not expect.

I do not think that it was his intention originally but now as time has gone on and we are so near to Falmer I believe that it must now be a consideration. He has done the dirty work, taken all the shit so why not sell it on to either recoup your losses or make some money.

D

Deleted member 2719

I do not think that it was his intention originally but now as time has gone on and we are so near to Falmer I believe that it must now be a consideration. He has done the dirty work, taken all the shit so why not sell it on to either recoup your losses or make some money.

I agree but i did feel it was his initial plan but it's just taken a lot longer than planned.
I can't see a business man like Dick not looking for any profit out of this.

But hey if i'm wrong then shoot me!!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I agree but i did feel it was his initial plan but it's just taken a lot longer than planned.
I can't see a business man like Dick not looking for any profit out of this.

But hey if i'm wrong then shoot me!!

He will need a lot of success on the field and/or luck (someone to buy the club for a very large sum) to get any personal profit out of it.

I completely fail to see how it could have been his initial plan given the circumstances we were in when he took over and the losses he knew we would have to bear until we got a new stadium.

And even with a new stadium, what guarantees are there of the club making sufficient profits to provide dividends to shareholders?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well i am surprised that so many believe he is squeaky clean. :angel:

Maybe i have watched too many Mafia films!!

How do you mean 'squeaky clean'?

I don't believe he is in it for the money but, even if he was, there would be nothing wrong in that. If the club is ever in a position to pay dividends to shareholders, or someone sees the club as a worthwhile business investment and buys DK's shares, good luck to him. He has taken the risk.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Dick Knight......genuine? Or a ruthless buisinessman?

I Know one thing it was a sucessfull buisinessman who stepped in when the club was worth nothing, because of his love of the club not because he could see pound signs flashing before him. I think if anyone doubts his motives either has a very short memory or has an agenda of their own to satisfy a mistrust of the chairman's involvement of the managerial changes that have evolved.:bigwave:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Surely there's no real need to ask - after all the man saved the club and I shall be forever grateful to him for that.
Money or Power ? I don't think so - this is Brighton and Hove Albion for God's sake not Chelsea or Man U.
As Alan Sugar once said - the way to make a small fortune at a football club is to start off with a large fortune !!

Last edited:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Surely there's no real need to ask - after all the man saved the club and I shall be forever grateful to him for that.
Money or Power ??? This is Brighton and Hove Albion for God's sake not Chelsea or Man U.
As Alan Sugar once said - the way to make a small fortune at a football club is to start off with a large fortune !!

Well posted.........that is the point i would have liked to have made:p

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Never trust a bloke with his glasses on a rope.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
To be seen to be the man in charge of one of the finest grounds in the Football League, Withdean, what status!!

To be seen to be the man in charge of one of the finest grounds in the Football League, Withdean, what status!!

Yes, how will this awesome POWER be harnessed, is it too late to STOP this megalomaniac?
Can Superman put a barrier between himself and the Green Kryptonite, or will Lex Luther have beaten him into submission?
Do dogs see in colour?
Is there nothing but GIBBERISH proliferating this evening on NSC?
Are people desperate for things to be concerned about, is it Brown and Darling's fault or the FA?
Can I blame McGhee, or will Motherwell win the league and prove that he wasn't a lardy jock clown after all?

D

Deleted member 2719

How do you mean 'squeaky clean'?

I don't believe he is in it for the money but, even if he was, there would be nothing wrong in that. If the club is ever in a position to pay dividends to shareholders, or someone sees the club as a worthwhile business investment and buys DK's shares, good luck to him. He has taken the risk.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with him making some money out of it he does deserve it - what i am saying is IMO he is not just doing it for the love of the Albion.

Because Max i mean Dick is so good at his PR the majority of fans seem to think he is faultless, who knows maybe he is.

Before anyone asks i am not faultless.

Well!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
it.

I completely fail to see how it could have been his initial plan given the circumstances we were in when he took over and the losses he knew we would have to bear until we got a new stadium.

And even with a new stadium, what guarantees are there of the club making sufficient profits to provide dividends to shareholders?

I do not think that this was his initial intention but as time has dragged on he has probably now reached the point where he cannot give up.

As far as money is concerned I am lead to believe that he has been repaid a large portion of his outlay so his only hope of getting back the rest will be when and if he sells his shares. So once again he has to carry on. There is of course the other possibility he wants to continue as Chairman and lead us out at Falmer.

I have never had a problem with Dick Knight it's only has become a question i have considered in the treatment of Dean Wilkins - that he has a far more ruthless streak than what he appears to come across and i thought it would be good to see what the faithful think about the man.

Maybe he stands to gain nothing but respect from building Falmer but maybe there is other agendas.

Ps i am not annoyed i just want to make sure he is genuine.

I think (just off the top of my head) after eleven years in the job, two home grounds, a return to Brighton, two championships, three promotions, two relegations, sales of TWO players for OVER a million pounds (no BHA chairman ever had done ONE before), attracting one ex England manager, getting permission to build a new stadium at Falmer after a planning process lasting nine years.............

I think we can safely say that he is genuine........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here