Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Apart from being relegated what is your rationale for getting rid of DK. We know DK hasn't the sort of money to throw at players and that he isn't personally a wealthy wealthy man. But he has never said that he is going to fund Falmer on his own. Its coming from loans and grants. Now if you are telling me someone with £45m is going to invest it all in BHA then I suggest that you should see a Dr and pretty damm quick.

So we have to assume that there might be someone out there who would fund Falmer in exactly the same way. Then my question is why should I trust someone to fund Falmer in exactly the same way as DK. How do you know that this someone has the same integrity as DK, how do you measure Trust?

Maybe yu measure Trust by what some actually does rather than what they say they are going to do.

DK said that no longer would we bottom of Div 3. Delivered
DK said that we would return to Brighton. Delivered.
Dk said that we would submit a planning application and be successful in it. Delivered for Falmer
DK says that we will build Falmer. Just awaiting a JR and then building can start. To be delivered in 2008.

From what he has said and done, I trust him. Now it would be very easy for someone to come in and say all fanciful things and buy this palyer and that one. But how do we trust him to build the thing we want most. Why take the risk, just to stave off relegation?

Surely the sensible thing, is to get the JR and and then we will need to push on and invest in the team. That is when we will need investment in players and I think we will get that investment.

The bottom line, is that we wouldn't be having these arguments if we were mid table. So its all about the playing side. Well sorry guys we are team of league 1 players, playing in a Conf ground. I think at the moment we have slightly overachieved.

Just get behind the team, DK and MM or piss off.

DIFFBROOK said:
Apart from being relegated what is your rationale for getting rid of DK. We know DK hasn't the sort of money to throw at players and that he isn't personally a wealthy wealthy man. But he has never said that he is going to fund Falmer on his own. Its coming from loans and grants. Now if you are telling me someone with £45m is going to invest it all in BHA then I suggest that you should see a Dr and pretty damm quick.

So we have to assume that there might be someone out there who would fund Falmer in exactly the same way. Then my question is why should I trust someone to fund Falmer in exactly the same way as DK. How do you know that this someone has the same integrity as DK, how do you measure Trust?

Maybe yu measure Trust by what some actually does rather than what they say they are going to do.

DK said that no longer would we bottom of Div 3. Delivered
DK said that we would return to Brighton. Delivered.
Dk said that we would submit a planning application and be successful in it. Delivered for Falmer
DK says that we will build Falmer. Just awaiting a JR and then building can start. To be delivered in 2008.

From what he has said and done, I trust him. Now it would be very easy for someone to come in and say all fanciful things and buy this palyer and that one. But how do we trust him to build the thing we want most. Why take the risk, just to stave off relegation?

Surely the sensible thing, is to get the JR and and then we will need to push on and invest in the team. That is when we will need investment in players and I think we will get that investment.

The bottom line, is that we wouldn't be having these arguments if we were mid table. So its all about the playing side. Well sorry guys we are team of league 1 players, playing in a Conf ground. I think at the moment we have slightly overachieved.

Just get behind the team, DK and MM or piss off.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bwian said:
OK-I'll bite.

Steve Foster and his bunch of opportunists don't count BTW.

Out of interest, why not? I have it on impeccible authority that "SF and his bunch of opportunists" had serious intentions to invest in the club. They were Albion through-and-through, and very wealthy.

If DK has to relinquish control for the good of the club then that has to be good, he's never going to be shown the door by the "right" people, so it should be a win-win situation.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
BensGrandad said:
.I have never said that

What I have said is that I do not think that anybody would be interested in giving any large amount of money to the club unless they had control of their money, the clause that says that no 1 person can own the club prevents that happening or at the least makes it difficult.

BG are you trying for the NSC record of writing the most twaddle in any one thread?

It's very common business practice to buy into a company without controlling it - in fact, it's the norm. That's what it means when you buy a share.

Football clubs are no different. For example, just down the road from us, Alexandre Gaydamak invested millions into Portsmouth without having a controlling share - there are many other examples.

There's no reason why an investor couldn't buy in to the Albion. The reason why they won't is not because of DK but because the club has no assets.

Of course, there may well be investors once we have a stadium we would then have an asset. But you don't need to talk darkly of interested parties, anyone can see that's a possibility.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gwylan said:
BG are you trying for the NSC record of writing the most twaddle in any one thread?

It's very common business practice to buy into a company without controlling it - in fact, it's the norm. That's what it means when you buy a share.

Football clubs are no different. For example, just down the road from us, Alexandre Gaydamak invested millions into Portsmouth without having a controlling share - there are many other examples.

All I am saying is that I can not see anybody putting money into a club for which they didnt control especially if your contribution is greater than the existing directors.

It is has been reported that in the case of Gaydamak he is going to take over and Milandaric is moving aside at the end of the season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly what I said he doesn't WANT to release control.

Obviously after all that he has done he wants to remain Chairman but if an' investor' with substantial money came in DK may not be able to do what he wants. I haven't at any time said that he has stopped people investing in the club.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Originally posted by Superphil Out of interest, why not? I have it on impeccible authority that "SF and his bunch of opportunists" had serious intentions to invest in the club. They were Albion through-and-through, and very wealthy.

So who are 'they'?

And where do they sit at Withdean?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Until a final decision is made on Falmer we shall all continue to have views on what should and should not be done some will be right some will not but you cannot knock for having an opinion and defending their opinion.

My hope for this season is that whatever else happens something is done to ensure that we are not relegated. If during the latter part of the year somebody comes in weith money lets deal with the situation then.

For all that I am anti DK I believe that he will act in our best interests and when he does finally vacate the chair he should be made President of the club for what he has acheived..

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
funny did'nt fb slim put in a large amount of money he had no control over and only want a parking space,clubs like ours burn money and are not an investment chance but a black hole.
and your so called mystery investor has no love for the club as they would have already put some money in for the striker we desperately need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here