Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ernest said:
UP THE ARS

Very good-you've learned how to make the font bigger.

Now-answer please.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we are approaching the best time for an investor still have no definite plans for Falmer a poor team looking likely to be relegated escalating losses each week. A prime target at a cheap price.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BensGrandad said:
I think that we are approaching the best time for an investor still have no definite plans for Falmer a poor team looking likely to be relegated escalating losses each week. A prime target at a cheap price.

INVESTOR!?! What ARE you talking about? Owning a football club isn't an investment, it's a bottomless money pit.

Who / where are these investors you keep banging on about?

"Hello, Barclays Bank? I'd like a business loan to invest in a poor team likely to relegated with escalating losses each week!"

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
BensGrandad said:

Fortunately, unlike Ernest, and your good self, DK is not a cock. As such, he is not going to sell up to the first chancer that spots this set of circumstances and tries to buy in on the cheap.

We have been down that road before, and DK is not going to allow that to happen again. Whoever comes in, and it will happen at some stage, will need some serious credentials - not just a sizeable wedge.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Goring Gull said:
Could the current unrest be the straw that breaks the camels back, what with Dicks aims for Falmer taking another battering when all seemed signed and delivered could he just walk away?

We can but hope! :angry:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:

Please think, honestly just once please think.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
edna krabappel said:
I'd even take a millionaire- who are queuing up to buy the Albion. Yep, if I was loaded and wanted to get into football, the Albion would definitely be my top priority investment.

Maradona?? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:

BG, would you kindly inform me of the interested parties that are willing to buy into a club that is heading for relegation, with a Judicial Review hanging over their heads.

Point of information. How do you know that DK has not got funds to push this club forward. Do you rummage through his rubbish sacks and look at his statements?

Do you realise how much it costs to sign a player at this level. Aside from offering competitive wages, most players want long term contracts, particularly the older players. Should we have signed Neil Shipperly on a two year contract at the start of the season, on £6k a week, with the Falmer decision still to be decided?

Were you not an associate of Greg Stanley? Perhaps you can give him a bell. I hear he has got some cash floating about....

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
DK has always said that he would be prepared to listen to potential investors, could be interesting giving the club a call saying you were interested in investing in the club and see how far you got! If DK leaves were in serious trouble.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do happen to know of 1 man who is monitoring the situation closely but I am not prepared to name him whether or not anything comes of it remains to be seen as he hasn't as yet made a decision one way or the other.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
BensGrandad said:
I do happen to know of 1 man who is monitoring the situation closely but I am not prepared to name him whether or not anything comes of it remains to be seen as he hasn't as yet made a decision one way or the other.

And just what do you think he might be waiting for, if he exists? I'll tell you because I'm not sure you have enough brain to think what the answer might be; the Judicial Review.

I would say it's not rocket science but for you it clearly is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brighton4eva said:
If it wasn't for Dick Knight we'd be in the Conference already.

He might have made a couple of wrong decisions but he has made far more good ones than bad

Dick Knight :bowdown: :bowdown:

McGhee :dunce:

I wouldn't disagree at all but the decision to do nothing now and possibly accept relegation is one of the bad ones.

To answer Seagull 73 I would assume it is both the JR and if we are relegated.

People miss the point when they say about these 'millionaires waiting to buy us' I know of 1 who is interested so how many are there out there doing the same thing that I don't know of and very few other people know of. There must be some I would have thought.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
BensGrandad said:
I wouldn't disagree at all but the decision to do nothing now and possibly accept relegation is one of the bad ones.

To answer Seagull 73 I would assume it is both the JR and if we are relegated.

People miss the point when they say about these 'millionaires waiting to buy us' I know of 1 who is interested so how many are there out there doing the same thing that I don't know of and very few other people know of. There must be some I would have thought.

You would've thought? Yes, I would like to think that it is the case, and so would everybody else, but that's exactly what it is. Hope.

You, on the other hand, are making the point that DK is blocking people because he is in control of the club and unwilling to sell, and yet you've just proved that is not the case from what you know. You can't even tell us where these people are that want to buy the club, you're basing it on your own hopes.

So with that in mind, don't you think it would be better for you to think a little more about what you are saying rather than throwing wild accusations around...?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:

I appreciate that you are not as sharp as you once were but who in their right minds would invest in anything that has no assets ? Not exactly sound business practice is it ? The only person who's profited from this club in living memory was Bill Archer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seagull73 said:

You, on the other hand, are making the point that DK is blocking people because he is in control of the club and unwilling to sell, and yet you've just proved that is not the case from what you know. You can't even tell us where these people are that want to buy the club, you're basing it on your own hopes.

...?

.I have never said that

What I have said is that I do not think that anybody would be interested in giving any large amount of money to the club unless they had control of their money, the clause that says that no 1 person can own the club prevents that happening or at the least makes it difficult.

I have however, given examples of how one can overcome that clause quite easily by using a family or even friends but to do so they would need to persuade DK and the other Directors to sell their shares.

I could tell you the persons name but I do not think he would take too kindly to it as it is not yet a definite go and my saying it could jeopardise any deal should he decide to proceed.

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
BensGrandad said:
Because he has made it known that he will not release control. What he is and has been asking is for somebody to invest with him still running the show and nobody will do that.

I thought you said that you have never said that it is because he won't want to release control?? You said this earlier in the thread....!!!

I'm not interested in knowing who your fantasy investor is, the fact is most people agree that not one person owning the club is the way forward, so why would you want to change that? It leads us back to the Archer/Stanley, or even worse Alex Hamilton situation at Wrexham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here