Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight/Tony Bloom

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What I don't get is that for all the learned comments on here is how people have missed the release of convertible loan notes on the albion annual accounts for 3 seasons leading up to the announcement of the Bloom funding.

These loan notes were used to demonstrate the proof to investors and councl, buckinghams etc that funding did exist. The fact that a bank was willing to lend but at very high post credit crunch interest rates which made the use of external funding unpalatable means this was the only path available and had to take place.

But I don't recall the club saying funding deals had been signed. So I don't feel misled. They did say funding was being confirmed and the loan note issue underlines that it was.

Bloom himself said it was always the plan that he would cover a proportion of the cost but that the inability rto agree a commercially viable deal with banks meant that proportion was higher than planned.

I also don't believe that knight wanted to give up the chairman's role but the fact he did means that he put the club before his own plans. I also don't believe that the change of chairman had been on the table prior to the first half of 2009 so it's not like he was holding on against intolerable pressure from within.

Finally as for Blackpool - that is more to do with Oyston not wishibng to put his name to land near blackpool airport for their new stadium and then refusing to buy it from a mcalpine's shelf company who did buy it for him, at the agreed price. His jail term only compounded the issue and a full court hearing found against him on it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Except Joshua destroyed buildings rather than built them ... and, of course, he parted the river Jordan.

I know. I'm talking about taking credit for something he DIDN'T do, i.e. part the Red Sea.

BTW, I'm not saying Tony Bloom IS Joshua, just that there are a few general parallels.

Oy vey.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't quite get why people think that TB being/not being chairman is such a big issue.

At Chelsea the chairman is Bruce Buck, but everyone knows that Abramovic is the money man, similarly with Man City, Al Mubarak is the chairman but the cash comes from Sheikh Mansour bin Fest al Nahyan.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I know. I'm talking about taking credit for something he DIDN'T do, i.e. part the Red Sea.

BTW, I'm not saying Tony Bloom IS Joshua, just that there are a few general parallels.

Yeah, he's not blowing his own trumpet...:lolol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Isn't TB a tax exile so can only spend a certain number of days in the country?
If he's not around the DK probably goes along to represent the Directors.
Doesn't DK live in Spain anyway so isn't always around either?

Don't think there is anything more sinister going on than this really.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At the end of the day we, the fans, don't have a clue about the nuances of the power games in the Albion board room. Unless someone has some concrete information from the inside it's all conjecture.

The closer we get to Falmer the more fanciful the images in my mind play out, but it would be fitting to see both Bloom and Knight share the limelight and walk out together at the new stadium.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well at the Wallsall home game last season I saw Tony Bloom go up to the club shop van at Withers and ask for a hat.

WHICH HE DIDNT PAY FOR.

That makes him a THIEF in my book.

Carry on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well at the Wallsall home game last season I saw Tony Bloom go up to the club shop van at Withers and ask for a hat.

WHICH HE DIDNT PAY FOR.

That makes him a THIEF in my book.

Carry on.

That's interesting, because I met him in the CLUB SHOP, just before Xmas last year, and he selected, and PAID FOR, about £370 worth of Albion TAT, for various young relatives. :thumbsup:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
it would be fitting to see both Bloom and Knight share the limelight and walk out together at the new stadium.

To my mind Dick led the saving of the club, and that deserves massive credit, but also to my mind the club would have lived on without him.

In fact it's insulting to all those others who gave so much time and effort in fighting to save the club-The Henfield One, Lord B, The History Man, MP, etc etc etc, to lavish all this obsequious praise on one man, and hopefully he will highlight that when he's addressing the masses next season.

What is in absolutely no doubt is that without the miracle that is Tony Bloom we would have no Falmer for many, many years to come, if ever.

So on the appointed day I would very much like to see DK take his well deserved ovation, but alongside all those others, who were part of an incredible team.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've run out of ways to say the same thing. Sorry, but I'm out of this debate.

Well don't keep saying it then ! Just accept we have a fantastic new stadium and stop worrying about the if's, when's, why's and maybe's and rejoice in our new home.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
What I don't get is that for all the learned comments on here is how people have missed the release of convertible loan notes on the albion annual accounts for 3 seasons leading up to the announcement of the Bloom funding.

These loan notes were used to demonstrate the proof to investors and councl, buckinghams etc that funding did exist. The fact that a bank was willing to lend but at very high post credit crunch interest rates which made the use of external funding unpalatable means this was the only path available and had to take place.

But I don't recall the club saying funding deals had been signed. So I don't feel misled. They did say funding was being confirmed and the loan note issue underlines that it was.

Bloom himself said it was always the plan that he would cover a proportion of the cost but that the inability rto agree a commercially viable deal with banks meant that proportion was higher than planned.

I also don't believe that knight wanted to give up the chairman's role but the fact he did means that he put the club before his own plans. I also don't believe that the change of chairman had been on the table prior to the first half of 2009 so it's not like he was holding on against intolerable pressure from within.

Finally as for Blackpool - that is more to do with Oyston not wishibng to put his name to land near blackpool airport for their new stadium and then refusing to buy it from a mcalpine's shelf company who did buy it for him, at the agreed price. His jail term only compounded the issue and a full court hearing found against him on it.

thread closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here