Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight/Tony Bloom

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Do these two not get on?

Good to see Dick Knight making the trip up to Carlisle yesterday. Apparently the Bloom's were unable to make it for personal reasons. Perhaps it's just co-incidence, however it makes me wonder - I don't recall every hearing much about their relationship, other than that they disagreed on McGhee. Do they even like each other?

What does the "life president" actually do? I don't think we've heard a word from Dick in an association with the club. For that matter, we haven't heard much of Bloom lately (since the fans forum) either (not that we'd neccessarily expect to).

Whatever you think about Knight and Bloom, it's quite clear they are both Albion legends. There's no need for an argument about who is better - without Knight saving the club and fighting for Falmer, there would be no new stadium and the club would probably die. Without Bloom paying for the stadium, we'd probably see the same outcome.

It will be an absolute travesty if Dick Knight isn't out there on the pitch at Falmer, milking the applause with Bloom. Knight deserves it for all his efforts over the last decade or so, and Bloom deserves it for stumping up the cash to make it possible.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is one person more responsible than anyone for Falmer becoming a reality and that Man is Dick Knight. He should be allowed a lap of honour on his own before the first game at Falmer and I will be very dissapointed if that does not happen.

No Dick Knight = No BHAFC.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have never met Tony Bloom but I would imagine he is an utterly ruthless business man who expects and wants his own way. Dick is an astute businessman but more a kindly Uncle. Maybe they have very different personalities. Thats my best guess anyway.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
a bit of 1+1 = 5

D

Deleted User X18H

I like Tony Bloom and I like Dick Knight. But who is best?

There's only one way to find out.................

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Do these two not get on?

Good to see Dick Knight making the trip up to Carlisle yesterday. Apparently the Bloom's were unable to make it for personal reasons. Perhaps it's just co-incidence, however it makes me wonder - I don't recall every hearing much about their relationship, other than that they disagreed on McGhee. Do they even like each other?

What does the "life president" actually do? I don't think we've heard a word from Dick in an association with the club. For that matter, we haven't heard much of Bloom lately (since the fans forum) either (not that we'd neccessarily expect to).

Whatever you think about Knight and Bloom, it's quite clear they are both Albion legends. There's no need for an argument about who is better - without Knight saving the club and fighting for Falmer, there would be no new stadium and the club would probably die. Without Bloom paying for the stadium, we'd probably see the same outcome.

It will be an absolute travesty if Dick Knight isn't out there on the pitch at Falmer, milking the applause with Bloom. Knight deserves it for all his efforts over the last decade or so, and Bloom deserves it for stumping up the cash to make it possible.

1 out of over 22 thousand posts that is actually worth reading.

Interesting pair of people. Both have given so much to the club. I think Bloom must have sat back, watching Knight do all this work and want to underwrite the club. When it became apparent Knight couldn't keep on going, maybe it was a tad early for Bloom's liking. Surely he always knew that he'd have to take over if no one else stepped in.

However i don't think there is a lot of animosity between the two.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
There is one person more responsible than anyone for Falmer becoming a reality and that Man is Dick Knight. He should be allowed a lap of honour on his own before the first game at Falmer and I will be very dissapointed if that does not happen.

No Dick Knight = No BHAFC.

This.

I love that man.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
TB and Knight don't get on.

Knight did loads for this football club but he was in it for the personal glory which meant he held on to the reigns for probably 3 seasons too many.

If Knight had bowed out when he should have we'd be playing in Falmer by now.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Whilst on the subject, fair play to Dick Knight and his grandchildren for making the journey :clap: And for putting up with the amount of Albion fans (some worser for wear than others) coming up and saying hello, etc.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Knight did loads for this football club but he was in it for the personal glory which meant he held on to the reigns for probably 3 seasons too many.

Absolute rubbish.

D

Deleted User X18H

Blimey. Hang can I just get a coffee and some cheese first. Gone off Pringles

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dick Knight attended every single REMF game, apart from 1 when he had a problem one the day. He even came this year when it was his birthday. TB has been invited to several REMF events and has yet to attend any. Dick Knight does a hell of a lot of good things and supportive things behind the scenes and it is not for any perceived glory.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is all supposition it is nearly as bad as saying if the fans hadnt objected to going to Portsmoutrh short term we would have been in a new stadium funded by Archer years ago, nobody can say whether it is right or not as it didnt happen. At least DK kept us going during the dark times and TB has finally brought us the stadium. So due to both the future is bright.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I wasn't questioning Bloom's absence - he's not going to be able to make every game.

Nor was I debating which chairman was better.

I just wondered if there was a bit of "beef" between Knight and Bloom, which might explain why we haven't heard anything from Knight since TB took over.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I hope Dick gets his own a slightly larger parking space at the Amex, than the rather small space he is expected to fit his Merc into, and get out of the car at Withers.
Fancy treating the Pres. the same as the rest of us poor punters. :wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here