Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight talk to us

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
3gulls said:
I've pay good money to watch football NOW, not to support Dick Knight's pension fund! :censored:

You've been watching football - your ticket never said it entitled you to GOOD football or a say in the running of the club!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Large One said:
I blame Thatcher.
I (seriously) partly do, as well as the press.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I think Knight should either give Wilkins the job now or find a new manager. This isn’t working, as wilkins said they are 2 staff down and it needs to be sorted asap. They cant find players, manage and train the team with just 2 of them.

either dick knight should hire a new manager who will bring in an assistant or a coach and wilkins goes back to being coach or becomes assistant and white becomes scout again.

or wilkins gets the job now and white becomes assistant and they get a new scout and coach

that way we can start looking for new players and get back on track.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I largely agree with Uncle C's post, except that it's not just the under 16s. This sort of behaviour has been going on a long time - I would extend is to the under 30s. Not everyone of course - just those who haven't bothered to work it out yet.

So I still blame Thatcher.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Man of Harveys said:
Some Brighton fans when we are winning:
69184961-S.jpg

Some Brighton fans when we are losing:
stupid%20cookie.jpg

Some Brighton fans' length of memory capacity for when things really WERE bad:
memory-goldfish.jpg

Thank you..... exactly the right comment.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Large One said:
I largely agree with Uncle C's post, except that it's not just the under 16s. This sort of behaviour has been going on a long time - I would extend is to the under 30s. Not everyone of course - just those who haven't bothered to work it out yet.

So I still blame Thatcher.

I blame muslims.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Low blow commander.

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dave the Gaffer said:

What else do we need to know?

How about:-

1) Why was Bob Booker sacked?

DK made the point of being (publicly) loyal to BB by insisting that new Managers' kept him on as Assistant. Why sack him now & not leave him to work with Dean Wilkins? (I don't recall seeing anything about the reason why he was sacked at the time it happened).

2) It has to be reasonable to assume that DK was considering sacking MM when the transfer window closed as it happened just one week & one game later. Why, then, allow CKR to move to Sheffield United for a ridiculously low fee (given that £400k was being bandied about by Andy Ritchie) when he knew that one of the main reasons why CKR was so pissed off was about to depart the club?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KPTF said:
2) It has to be reasonable to assume that DK was considering sacking MM when the transfer window closed as it happened just one week & one game later. Why, then, allow CKR to move to Sheffield United for a ridiculously low fee (given that £400k was being bandied about by Andy Ritchie) when he knew that one of the main reasons why CKR was so pissed off was about to depart the club?
I thought CKR said it was the 'management team' he was upset with. To me, that implies more than one person, including individuals who are possibly still at the club. I don't know if this is true or not (and maybe we'll never know), but if you have that level of terminal breakdown between players and management, you don't shift an entire management team for the sake of one unhappy player.

Plus, along the same lines, it also implies DK didn't know he was going to sack McGhee until maybe a day or two before he did. The main evidence to say this was part of a grand masterplan hatched a long time ago is basically circumstancial.

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
Fair enough on the CKR thing - until/unless the true facts ever surface, we'll always be speculating.

On the sacking thing, though, I'm sure I read that DK referred specifically to the Crewe game with the mass walkout -(where wouldn't that happen when you're 4-1 down?)- so the seeds of doubt were sown before CKR was moved on.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KPTF said:
Fair enough on the CKR thing - until/unless the true facts ever surface, we'll always be speculating.

On the sacking thing, though, I'm sure I read that DK referred specifically to the Crewe game with the mass walkout -(where wouldn't that happen when you're 4-1 down?)- so the seeds of doubt were sown before CKR was moved on.
He did. That plus Bristol City, plus the FFA meeting (plus the opinions that he knew full well of some of the board) ultimately swung it. It had been a time coming, but I think he wanted to give McGhee every chance. As I understand it, it was not getting the striker we needed nailed it, because £150,000 was made available and not used.

Whether that money is still available or not, I don't know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
He did. That plus Bristol City, plus the FFA meeting (plus the opinions that he knew full well of some of the board) ultimately swung it. It had been a time coming, but I think he wanted to give McGhee every chance. As I understand it, it was not getting the striker we needed nailed it, because £150,000 was made available and not used.

Whether that money is still available or not, I don't know.

FFA meeting?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
Falmer For All team.

so DK is now listening to the FFA team when deciding to sack a manager?

I thought the FFA team discussed all things Falmer and left the playing side to other parties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here