Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight talk to us

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Man of Harveys said:
With Dick Knight? An unqualified, rock-solid YES.

The most open, approachable chairman we - and most other clubs - have ever had.

We've lost some football matches. Live with it. It happens from time to time.

Well said that man.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:

Sush. You, Dave the Gaffer, DKM, TLO, etc are being far to reasonable. Try and think a bit more short-term like everybody else. The fact is we've lost THREE games in a row (I know they were all away and one was against a team from a higher division but never mind). This is obviously THE END OF THE WORLD. We are now dead-certs to go down AND IT'S ALL DICK KNIGHTS FAULT (by default as there is no one else left to blame).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brovian said:
Sush. You, Dave the Gaffer, DKM, TLO, etc are being far to reasonable. Try and think a bit more short-term like everybody else. The fact is we've lost THREE games in a row (I know they were all away and one was against a team from a higher division but never mind). This is obviously THE END OF THE WORLD. We are now dead-certs to go down AND IT'S ALL DICK KNIGHTS FAULT (by default as there is no one else left to blame).
Soz. :down:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Dave the Gaffer said:
what situation Sid?

The situation where a club that should have comfortably consolidated in this division is sliding towards a relegation battle due to uncertainty as to who runs things on and off the field. I would not have sacked Mcghee myself ( see MOH, I don't mind losing games ! ) but had no problem with it if a clear plan / replacement was in place, including plans to reinforce our paper thin squad. The last two weeks have shown that to clearly not be the case. Right now we appear to lack a leader, something that is not the case when things are going well. I don't want Dick Knight out, I want him to visibly lead.

Man of Harveys said:

Totally agree re. Dick Knight but see above.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
The Large One said:
How does he 'visibly lead'? Do you want him to make a weekly address to us? Song and dance routine? Stroke your head and say 'there, there'? Or perhaps let the manager get on with his job...?

By implementing a plan for the club post McGhee rather than the current wait and see mentality.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
The Large One said:
How do you know he hasn't?

I don't, although given that McGhee has been a 'dead man walking' since the summer I would have thought plan B would have been implemented a bit quicker or that we ( the whole club, players included ) would at least have an idea as to what the plan was. That, from my perspective, would be visible leadership.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sid James said:
I don't, although given that McGhee has been a 'dead man walking' since the summer I would have thought plan B would have been implemented a bit quicker or that we ( the whole club, players included ) would at least have an idea as to what the plan was. That, from my perspective, would be visible leadership.
Where as I presumed, when the appointments were made at the end of last season, that Plan B was always going to be Dean Wilkins taking over upon McGhee's departure - whenever that was going to be. It always looked like a kind of Blair/Brown scenario which appeased pretty much everyone at the time. We discussed it at the Seagulls Over London meeting on the day of the announcements.

I think it's a visible Plan C you're concerned about. :)

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I honestly think DK has played this perfectly: having realised that, sadly, the time for a change had come - as most of us and McGhee himself probably had after Bristol City - he sacks him. Rather than get his fingers burnt doling out a long contract to the stand-in prematurely, as he did before and was slated by the usual moaning arsebreathers for it at the time, he waits to see how Deano gets on before committing to something.

Just exactly what IS the f***ing problem with any of that?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Even Nottingham Forest have the 'potential' to be relegated to League 2.

What I suspect you mean is, you don't want Dean Wilkins in charge. Seven points from five games would amount to 64 throughout a 46 game season. Without looking at last year's table, I guess that's about mid-table isn't it?

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dear god - when are these people going to shut up - DK is the man in charge - not the whinging moaners of NSC....you've already got what you wanted getting MM sacked (rightly or wrongly) and now you're on his case again...

You lot have short memories and are far too quick to bay for blood in my opinion....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I know what you are saying The Large One but the thing is , those points were against a very very poor Milwall team who we were a tad lucky to be fair. Against 10 men orient who look destined to win the wooden spoon, and a point against Bournemouth where we really were lucky to get this.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
hang on...

What are you guys saying....that everytime we have a bad run DK is expected to come out and "meet the fans" What possible purpose would that serve?

We know the Falmer Situation - court case in a couple of weeks time.
We know the Managerial Situation - we have two guys doing it presently
we know players wouldn't come here in the summer - MM and DK both said they approached players who eventually turned us down
we know why he sacked MM - he said the bloke looked mentally shot and the fans had turned against him

What else do we need to know?

I want to know what is happening about investment in the day-to day running of the club, not just the Falmer pipedream!

I've pay good money to watch football NOW, not to support Dick Knight's pension fund! :censored:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
tedebear said:
Dear god - when are these people going to shut up - DK is the man in charge - not the whinging moaners of NSC....you've already got what you wanted getting MM sacked (rightly or wrongly) and now you're on his case again...

You lot have short memories and are far too quick to bay for blood in my opinion....

This is mainly from the "must have" generation - probably under 16s.

These are the same people that must have everything the moment they leave home - house, car, plasma TV, new furniture, computers, etc, etc.

Its a failing of this generation :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dougal said:
I know what you are saying The Large One but the thing is , those points were against a very very poor Milwall team who we were a tad lucky to be fair. Against 10 men orient who look destined to win the wooden spoon, and a point against Bournemouth where we really were lucky to get this.
Of course the teams we're playing are poor - we're in League One. We can only play what's put in front of us, and there will be other teams worse than us that we will be playing.

Are you going to acknowledge every point we get with a 'we were lucky' or 'they were shit' description, or perhaps, just perhaps accept our limitations, and set your hopes accordingly?

BTW did you know that we've scored more goals than the current leaders, and that only two clubs have scored more goals at home? I think that shows that at least one aspect of our game is being dealt with, which is a step in the right direction...

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
3gulls said:
I want to know what is happening about investment in the day-to day running of the club, not just the Falmer pipedream!

I've pay good money to watch football NOW, not to support Dick Knight's pension fund! :censored:

I don't normally say things like this, but please just shut up.

Falmer is not a "pipedream". You clearly never saw the room full of documents at the public inquiry that the club is using to support its case.

And as for Dick Knight's "pension fund"... if you were a moderately successful advertising executive with some financial savvy, would you choose a struggling football club to be your pension fund? Of course you f***ing wouldn't.

Just please stop talking such utter, utter, shit.

Good day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here