Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight stadium tribute

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
No to a statue. But yes, to a stand named after him. Why?

For taking over the Albion in 1997 , when there really was no one else (or at least made their interest known)

For taking us back to Brighton from Gillingham

For staying at the helm and guiding through the Falmer project, when many would have given up.

I also think there should be a Tony Bloom stand (if his modesty would allow). Thereby, acknowldeging both parties in our struggle for a new home

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
No to a statue. But yes, to a stand named after him. Why?

For taking over the Albion in 1997 , when there really was no one else (or at least made their interest known)

For taking us back to Brighton from Gillingham

For staying at the helm and guiding through the Falmer project, when many would have given up.

I also think there should be a Tony Bloom stand (if his modesty would allow). Thereby, acknowldeging both parties in our struggle for a new home

Anyone who has any argument with this post should have a statue erected in their name.Outside Smelhurst.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....however I think that the stands will be "commercially" named, ie the Anne De Vecchi Toilet Block , or the Ronald McDonald West Terrace....BUT I think they will be called whatever the fans would like to call them...ie there will be a North Stand or West Stand...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Has everybody forgotten the chairman who took us into the top flight and an FA Cup final ? No disrespect to Dick Knight but what about Mike Bamber ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'd like to see a fan vote regarding naming the stands and bars etc...

Knight End
Eaton End
Ward End
Bamber End

or more flippantly:
The Mickey Thomas ATM
The Paul Brooker Boot Cleaning Services Pod
The Liam Brady Bar
The Paul Kitson Bookies
etc...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
How about the entry, to the stadium, The Dick Knight Gates, Liverpool has the Shankley Gates.
This would leave the stadium to include the sponsers name and the four stands to be named The Bloom Stand, the North Stand, the Peter Ward StandM and The Robert Eaton Memorial Stand

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How very bláse, BG.
Not so Easy I do not wish to get into heated discussion on this as it has been dealt with so many times suffice to say that there were a number of individuals/consortiums interested in buying the club most of whom were not prepared to meet Archers demands but it is folly to siuggest that the club would have not survived without DK. As I said somebody would have bought the club and the loser would have been Archer. It could be argued that we were 91st in the league because of the protracted dealings over such a long period of time, but that is now water under the bridge. That is not to detract from what DK achieved but as I said in my post there are so many other considerations and where do you draw the line as regards naming stands etc. Sponsors may wish to have some say in this as well.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The stadium will undoubtedly be commercially named so no chance that's going to be named after a former employee...

The Kentucky Fried Chicken Community Stadium?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How about tickets for any evening games being labelled as a "Knight Game Ticket"?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How very bláse, BG.
Not so Easy I do not wish to get into heated discussion on this as it has been dealt with so many times suffice to say that there were a number of individuals/consortiums interested in buying the club most of whom were not prepared to meet Archers demands but it is folly to siuggest that the club would have not survived without DK. As I said somebody would have bought the club and the loser would have been Archer. It could be argued that we were 91st in the league because of the protracted dealings over such a long period of time, but that is now water under the bridge. That is not to detract from what DK achieved but as I said in my post there are so many other considerations and where do you draw the line as regards naming stands etc. Sponsors may wish to have some say in this as well.

Oh Brian....leave it. It was along time ago and we really need to move on.

You will only get TLO abusing you again
:facepalm:

Can I just point that it is CRAP story based on two :bla:peoples quotes whech are being thrown about as speaking for all BHA supported. :eek:

Why not do a vox pop at the next homegame and ACTUALLY ASK supporters what they think. Or would that be difficucult for the non Brighton based staffers now produccing the paper

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can I just point that it is CRAP story based on two :bla:peoples quotes whech are being thrown about as speaking for all BHA supported. :eek:

you were really angry when you posted that...I can tell
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here